Search the forum,

Discuss Fernox heating system chemicals, filters and equipment now available in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Over 35 Fernox heating system chemicals, filters and equipment now available from CORGI direct

Over 35 Fernox heating system chemicals, filters and equipment now available from CORGI direct

Hello All,

If anyone is interested enough to look at the Fernox products being sold by CORGI Direct what do you think of the prices ?

Just a couple of examples - the Fernox MB1 and the Lead Free Solder !

Chris

Last edited:
The examples I checked were all about double what I'd consider 'competitive'.

For example, your Fernox F1 at £22+VAT is easily obtained for much less. Wickes sells it retail at £14.99 inc VAT. And I've seen it on offer at £9.99+VAT elsewhere in the last few days.

Thanks for the reply. This range is a new addition that was only added to the website on Friday. We will perform a pricing review and report back shortly

Hello CorgiDirect,

Thanks for your reply.

I agree with Member Chuck`s comments.

Here are my examples - prices include VAT:

Fernox MB1 -
your price £46.97
- readily available for approximately £31.99 - Plumbers Merchant approx. £27.00.

Fernox Lead Free Solder
- your price £27.17 - readily available for approximately £18.49 - Plumbers Merchant approx. £15.50.

Fernox Powerflow Flux 350g
- your price £19.24 - readily available for approximately £10.99 - Plumbers Merchant approx £9.99.

Fernox LSX Mastic - your price £11.02 - readily available for approximately £5.49 - Plumbers Merchant approx. £4.99.

For quick research the `readily available`
prices are from Screwfix who as we know have branches `UK wide`.

The `Plumbers Merchant` prices I quoted are approximate for Plumbers Accounts including discounts.

These products are just a selection from your range - at a glance of the many other items the prices All seem much more expensive than We buy them for.

When You `Price Check` your Fernox products can I suggest that you do not use Companies like Plumb Center to compare against as they have prices that are so high that no Self Employed / experienced Plumber, Heating Engineer or Gas Engineer would be prepared to pay - except for perhaps one off items or because of close proximity to where we were working.

Plumb Center is a very successful Business so obviously a lot of large Companies must use them - but they must be getting massive discounts from the Catalogue / Online prices for buying in bulk.

Chris

Last edited:
Hello CorgiDirect,

Thanks for your reply.

Fernox MB1 -
your price £46.97
- readily available for approximately £31.99 - Plumbers Merchant approx. £27.00.

Fernox Lead Free Solder
- your price £27.17 - readily available for approximately £18.49 - Plumbers Merchant approx. £15.50.

Fernox Powerflow Flux 350g
- your price £19.24 - readily available for approximately £10.99 - Plumbers Merchant approx £9.99.

Fernox LSX Mastic - your price £11.02 - readily available for approximately £5.49 - Plumbers Merchant approx. £4.99.

The `Plumbers Merchant` prices I quoted are approximate for Plumbers Accounts including discounts.

These products are just a selection from your range - at a glance of the many other items the prices All seem much more expensive than We buy them for.

When You `Price Check` your Fernox products can I suggest that you do not use Companies like Plumb Center to compare against as they have prices that are so high that no Self Employed / experienced Plumber, Heating Engineer or Gas Engineer would be prepared to pay - except for perhaps one off items or because of close proximity to where we were working.

Plumb Center is a very successful Business so obviously a lot of large Companies must use them - but they must be getting massive discounts from the Catalogue / Online prices for buying in bulk.

Chris

Hi Chris

First of all, thank you for taking the time to provide this info. We really appreciate it. Its really useful and very helpful.

We have taken into account your feedback and we are currently working on this as we speak. I will reply once the new pricing is in place

Thanks again

Hello CorgiDirect,

Thanks for your reply.

Fernox MB1 -
your price £46.97 - readily available for approximately £31.99 - Plumbers Merchant approx. £27.00.

Fernox Lead Free Solder - your price £27.17 - readily available for approximately £18.49 - Plumbers Merchant approx. £15.50.

Fernox Powerflow Flux 350g - your price £19.24 - readily available for approximately £10.99 - Plumbers Merchant approx £9.99.

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks again for your feedback, prices are now very competitive across all the fernox products we list -

Fernox MB1 - your price £46.97 - readily available for approximately £31.99 - Plumbers Merchant approx. £27.00.

CORGI Price Now £20.49 + vat

Fernox (4 Litre) MB-1 Central Heating Protector

Fernox Lead Free Solder - your price £27.17 - readily available for approximately £18.49 - Plumbers Merchant approx. £15.50.

CORGI Price Now - £14.99 + vat

Fernox Solder Lead Free Reel 500g

Fernox Powerflow Flux 350g - your price £19.24 - readily available for approximately £10.99 - Plumbers Merchant approx £9.99.

CORGI Price Now - £7.49 + vat

Fernox Powerflux Large 350g

CORGI Price Now £3.49 + vat

Fernox Tube LSX Leak Sealer 50ml

Hi Chris

Thanks again for your feedback, prices are now very competitive across all the fernox products we list -

Fernox MB1 - your price £46.97 - readily available for approximately £31.99 - Plumbers Merchant approx. £27.00.

CORGI Price Now £20.49 + vat

Fernox (4 Litre) MB-1 Central Heating Protector

CORGI Price Now - £14.99 + vat

Fernox Solder Lead Free Reel 500g

CORGI Price Now - £7.49 + vat

Fernox Powerflux Large 350g

CORGI Price Now £3.49 + vat

Fernox Tube LSX Leak Sealer 50ml

Hello CorgiDirect,

Well Done - have You price checked and then lowered the prices for the entire list of Fernox products that you posted the link to in your first message ?

Chris

Reply to Fernox heating system chemicals, filters and equipment now available in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock