Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Faulty NEST heat link? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Gambler71

Gambler71 New Member

I am bench testing a Nest and Heat link. Wired it up as per instructions. Neutral and live, plus the live being linked to terminals 2 and 5. On a multimeter there is 240V between neutral and live, neutral and terminal 2 and neutral and terminal 5. When there is no demand for heat from the NEST and the hot water is switched off, the multimeter sees approximately 170V between neutral and terminal 3. Should this be zero?
    Thanks
    Dave

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. Gambler71

Gambler71 New Member

I also note that when the app and thermostat shows that the hot water is OFF, there is 240v at terminal 6 and the boiler fires up the hot water heating.

3. carrpaul

carrpaul GSR

Hi there , yes to convert 4 pipe system boiler
    ( Worcester ) back to 2 pipe you do need to change the code plug .

4. Frog67

Frog67 GSR

Check HW connections on cylinder stat
    Common should be the switched live