Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Farting boiler, any ideas???? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. SIobhan1970

SIobhan1970 New Member

Hello
    Just to ask, I have just had a boiler fitted recently and it seems to be 'farting/rumpling!! When the temp in increased or the boiler starts up it seems to go. I noticed not all the water drip our of the boiler chimney. Could it be running back into the boiler? I did read about the combustion mixture could be out? Its in warranty
    can anyone help or advise?

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Best get the installers back to check it over

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Is it a squeaky fart, mid tone rumble or something more in line with somebody about to follow through?

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ric2013

Ric2013 Plumber Top Contributor!!

What?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

I just properly laughed out loud at that :D :D :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. SIobhan1970

SIobhan1970 New Member

7. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Seriously though, any concerns or questions should be aimed back at the installer. Especially if it's a recent install.

8. johnduffell

johnduffell Member

If you don't have a dog, blame the boiler instead:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. bennythedip

bennythedip GSR

Sounds like there might be a problem with flue seal, get the installers back