Search the forum,

Discuss Faa's ma leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

balmedie

Hi...I bought a new build house 7 years ago. Never again...everything provided by the lowest bidder.

Boiler is a Vokera Mynute 20e running 13 radiators, plastic pipe. Suddenly 2 days ago it lost all water pressure. When I fill it pressure falls from 1.5 bar to zero in less than a minute. Nothing from the vent pipe outside.

I'm now left with the prospect of ripping up my (newish) house looking for what I assume is a huge leak. I don't know where the floor hatches are and there doesn't seem to be any crawl space below. This means pulling up and ruining wood floor, digging ring nail heads out of chipboard slabs below and what looks like weeks of subjecting wife and kids to sub-zero temperatures. Even after I've raised the floor I assume the pipes are lagged and it will be difficult to spot a leak.

I have limited time (and even less talent) for DIY and would gladly pay for professionals to do this but I can't find anyone who will at what is, I assume a busy time on easier jobs. (I don't blame them). I'm in Aberdeen and cold right now. I'm very much on my own (anyone wishing to discuss house insurance or the BG Homecare contract will be referred to the wife).

Can I take a more scientific approach to this? Can (for example) coloured smoke be used, or borescopes down drilled holes next to radiators to eyeball the joints? I probably sound stupid but I'm pretty desperate here.

Appreciate any advice.

Hi. On the positive side, have you spoke with your house insurance company? As they may well suffer the reinstating cost you will incur in finding the problem. Chose your words carefully when inquiring

if it empties that quick ,dont fill again.as tom says call your insurance as it may as you suspect end in a big job.

don't necessarily expect underfloor pipes to be lagged out of sight out of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faa's ma leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock