Search the forum,

Discuss Extend from 10mm radiator tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our system is a mix of 22 and 15 but all the rad's have 10mm tails to the nearest 15mm tee's. No working issues all rads heat up well etc , albeit running on an old Glowworm Ultimate, which is probably not the most economical by modern standards, but we are trying to move, so dont want to replace whilst it still functions well. Most tails are about 12"-15 long under the boards, joist etc to the main 15,mm run's
I am repositioning the Rad in the lounge from (standard 3 bed bay window 30's semi) from the front lounge (internal hall wall) to under the bay window.
Going from a 1000x600 to a 1200x500 to fit under the window. BTU/wttage is about the same for both (double panel, double fins).
Easiest for me is to remove the existing rad and 10mm tails from the Tee's and resolder new pipe from the Tee's to the new rad in 10mm The longest pipe will be approx 3 meters to do this.
So here's the Question!
Will the 10mm pipe cope? Or do I need to extend the 15mm out closer and finish with short tails in 10mm?
Best regards

Thank you!
I guess my concern was that there would be a significant flow drop. And As I'm banging down new joists and floorboards, didn't want to have to lift them again in a hurry (ever)! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Extend from 10mm radiator tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock