Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Exposed Thermostatic Shower Mixer with 22mm inlets? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Judder

Judder New Member

Hi everyone

I know this question has been asked before, and I've read the old threads, but we have an exposed thermostatic shower mixer purchased from the bathstore a few years ago which is now leaking.

I've attached a photo but the problem is it has 22mm inlets and all the ones I can easily find have 15mm inlets

Any suggestions where to look much appreciated and I've also sent the photo to Shower Doctor as recommended on other threads

Many thanks

ShowerMixerExposed22mmInlets.jpg

2. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

3. Riley

Don’t know if that will help. Are they definitely 22mm not 3/4”

4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Will be 3/4”

5. Judder

Judder New Member

Thanks for the replies and yes I have been using Amazon, eBay and Google - not quite that lazy! Probably me looking for 22mm rather than 3/4" will have been the challenge - I'll have a look now - many thanks

6. Judder

Judder New Member

Oh and just to add to the fun the centres are 140mm, not the standard 150mm so I can't replace it with a bar unit either as the centres are fixed...

7. Riley

I wasn’t being cynical it was just easier to do it that way as it gave you many more options. There are several suppliers out there that do adjustable or reduced centres I’m pretty sure Bristan do one

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Judder

Judder New Member

Thanks and yes agree - was just pointing out that I had been doing a _bit_ of research ;)

Do hugely appreciate the advice though so I'll try and find one in the lower results of Google - good to know they do exist somewhere as so far I've sent two others back to Amazon!

9. Judder

Judder New Member

Just to keep the thread up to date, the team at Shower Doctor very helpfully came back and IDd the shower from the photo

This is an Ultra shower

Unfortunately there are no direct replacements as these old ones came with 22mm inlets and all showers now are 15mm

www.showerdoc.com/ultra-3-4-dual-control-shower-valve-shower-spares

So it looks like I might have to rebuild it - guessing the dripping would largely be new seals needing to be installed like this one?

Ultra Seal & Circlip Service Kit For Dual Control Thermostatic Valves - Sasfor | ULTRA-SASFOR

10. CBW1982

CBW1982 GSR Top Contributor!!

It could be, but you haven’t stated where it’s leaking from, just it's leaking.

11. Judder

Judder New Member

Apologies - should have been more specific there!

Seems to be leaking from the join between the back of the mixer and the main mixer unit - I've mocked up the image below by inverting the image I have, but the red arrow would be where the leak is if you were looking at the bottom of the mixer

ShowerMixerExposed3-4rsLeaking.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Riley

I’m very surprised they are saying they are all 15mm when they are blatantly not

13. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I've just installed a Burlington mixer with 22mm inlets, this valve had 180mm centres though, still may be worth trying them for a possible replacement.

14. S.P.S.

S.P.S. GSR

Get the rebuild kit and give it a go, got to be worth a try!

Worst case then. ie. you can’t get a shower to fit or repair that one.

You’ll need to replace pipework. Can you access the wall from the other side, is it stud wall? If so, change pipes from other side, to 15mm at 150mm c-c, then you can fit most showers. The discrepancy on the holes will be covered by most fixing kits/pipe collars that come with the new showers.
    If not it’s going to be a tiles off job. Unfortunately sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

Stu.

• Like Like x 1