Search the forum,

Discuss experienced plumbing needing work and further training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaunhighcock

hi I have about 3 years work experience in plumbing and was working for a company over in Northampton until they got into money troubles and had to make me redundant and I haven't been able to find further employment since, I have my own van and tools can anyone help?!?!?!? [email protected]

help yourself, advertise and get out there plumbing for yourself, get some insurance first tho

I would love to "get out there plumbing for myself" i have advertised on yell.com with a full ad but no luck. how much does insurance cost?

plus im not qualified i just worked as a plumber with no formal qualifications...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont worry about qualifications do what you have been trained to do.

most people seem to be insured for 2 million public liability insurance 5 million if working in schools or factories costs about 200 or less a year (for 2 million) and on some sites you can pay monthly.

It's hard to pick up work adverts get very little work for me start off doing little jobs for friends they recomend you tell everyone you meet what jobs you are doing walk round in work clothes people will ask you in shops what do you do get a jumper with plumber on it lol.

Dont worry about qualifications do what you have been trained to do.

most people seem to be insured for 2 million public liability insurance 5 million if working in schools or factories costs about 200 or less a year (for 2 million) and on some sites you can pay monthly.

It's hard to pick up work adverts get very little work for me start off doing little jobs for friends they recomend you tell everyone you meet what jobs you are doing walk round in work clothes people will ask you in shops what do you do get a jumper with plumber on it lol.

thanks for the advice i have checked out public liabilty its fairly cheap really i will get the jumper and some t-shirts lol

Its alright it sure is the slow and stressful way to go about making money but good satisfaction:rolleyes:

Its alright it sure is the slow and stressful way to go about making money but good satisfaction:rolleyes:

I always get satisfaction out of a plumbing job i love it!!! i just wish it was a little easier to get work lol im no cowboy i thrive on doing whatever i can to do a good job:cool:

Same as me then:D...If your ever stuck for money while you are setting up painting can be a good way to top up your income. 10-12 pounds an hour and straightforward wage. Has helped me out I just started up 6 months ago. It can be difficult to find work so it helps if your handy!

yeah im handy but i had never thought about that, i might give it a go as i need to save up for my acs cheers for the idea dude :)

met-uk are a really good training centre it is expensive tho m8 about £7500 with b&b.. it takes 6 months they find all your work placements to build portfolio etc. if funding is the issue there are professional career development loans you can apply for which are very very low interest loans look on direct.gov website for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to experienced plumbing needing work and further training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock