Discuss Expansion vessel on unvented system is hissing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
An engineer came to take a look at it today and heard the noise. The expansion tank is a bit too big for the system, it is currently 18L. It needs a smaller one.

thanks for the responses.

An engineer came to take a look at it today and heard the noise. The expansion tank is a bit too big for the system, it is currently 18L. It needs a smaller one.

Rubbish! I've never heard of issues with a slightly (which yours is) oversized expansion vessel. Undersized, yes. Oversized, never!

Bet the vessel pressure was incorrectly set!

It does not need a smaller one !!!! You can not over size an expansion vessel, trust me. It is the charge pressure that is wrong.

Rubbish! I've never heard of issues with a slightly (which yours is) oversized expansion vessel. Undersized, yes. Oversized, never!

Bet the vessel pressure was incorrectly set!

I thought I was going nuts. Thinking how come I have never heard this before. Thanks for clearing it up crops

Simon me too:30: smaller smaller smaller my eye!!!!

If you want to go over 100 Deg C you may need a bit more pressure, but not on a domestic, OP will be back next week under another name, Title "My Safety Valve is leaking water"

Last edited by a moderator:
Toshville:banghead: my career is in tatters, I have just wasted the last 50 years of my life, dress making for me now

Nelson, do you get the distinct impression that your man has just opened a can of snakes, how long did it take him to come to the conclusion it was too big ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expansion vessel on unvented system is hissing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back