Search the forum,

Discuss Establishing float valve size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys: Anyone familiar with float valve sizes for commercial/residential properties? I have been asked to look at a cold water cistern that supplies 16 flats as the float valve requires to be serviced or perhaps replaced. The connecting pipework is run in 42mm copper. Thanks for any help.

IMG_6246 annotated.jpg

Just a standard 11/2 ball valve could be 11/4 depending on connection

Replace the whole valve and add a double check valve to comply with regs

Appreciate this, Shaun. As I do not come across these size fittings I will probably have to obtain some suitably sized tools to undertake this work. It might be in the interest of the property managers to keep these items as part of their own stock as I certainly would be unlikely to have a similar requirement subsequently. That said I cannot locate any adjustable spanners that will touch 65mm. What is normally deployed for this type work? Even my footprints will not stretch to this size. Also are the 1¼ or1½ inch ball valves available off of the shelf at most plumbers' merchants or would they be a special order? Same thing goes with the double check-valve.

Appreciate this, Shaun. As I do not come across these size fittings I will probably have to obtain some suitably sized tools to undertake this work. It might be in the interest of the property managers to keep these items as part of their own stock as I certainly would be unlikely to have a similar requirement subsequently. That said I cannot locate any adjustable spanners that will touch 65mm. What is normally deployed for this type work? Even my footprints will not stretch to this size. Also are the 1¼ or1½ inch ball valves available off of the shelf at most plumbers' merchants or would they be a special order? Same thing goes with the double check-valve.

knipex grips (the flat type)

prob be off the shelf at bss or next day deli

Reply to Establishing float valve size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock