Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss ESI ESCTDEB thermostat clicking on and off in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Steve Tomlin

Steve Tomlin New Member

Hi,

Hoping someone can help, we have a hot water cylinder fitted with a ESI ESCTDEB thermostat.

The last few days or so this has started clicking on and off constantly when trying to get up to temp

We've only moved in fairly recently but pretty certain it didn't used to do this.

Any help would be much appreciated

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Is this the new digital stat ?

3. Steve Tomlin

Steve Tomlin New Member

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Had one of these give me problems phone esi up will tell you how to reset it

5. townfanjon

Yep thought so , as long as you are competent, just check for any loose connections , if its ok , I would put a new one on .

6. Steve Tomlin

Steve Tomlin New Member

Will do, it's only a few months old but will be easier than get the builder out!

7. townfanjon

Yes I know what you mean but the cylinder manufacturer should swap that FOC , so it shouldn’t cause much more work that a phone call to the builders

8. Steve Tomlin

Steve Tomlin New Member

Will give them a try first, it's working at the moment, just driving me nuts with the clicking