Search the forum,

Discuss end radiator not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, the last radiator in the line has stopped heating up! All the others are nice and hot and the pipe is hot up to the inlet but the rad is cold.. any ideas please? I have a Worcester Greenstar 25Si/30Si combi.

and have bleed tool ready just in case there was a bit of trapped air, rad will be cooler at the top if air has been pushed along and goes in the rad

Brilliant, thanks I love you guys. I’ve learnt so much over the last couple of years since I’ve been on my own. Who says you can’t teach an old dogs new tricks.

Its a bit weird has this just started , depending on age of boiler it may be an indication that the pumps getting tired.

5903F319-3852-4C1A-B3BB-2D27C8D4D94B.jpeg
Had one today on a boiler change. Customer said conservatory rad had stopped working a couple of years ago.
Powerflush wouldn’t clear it. Compressor connected to rad stalk wouldn’t and mains pressure wouldn’t.
Took laminate up and trap to find non barrier hep blocked solid.
Cut out and replaced with copper.

View attachment 35777 Had one today on a boiler change. Customer said conservatory rad had stopped working a couple of years ago.
Powerflush wouldn’t clear it. Compressor connected to rad stalk wouldn’t and mains pressure wouldn’t.

Glad you have just confirmed what I thought.
I came across identical problem on a job earlier this year and the entire 15mm Hep pipe to one end of rad was blocked just like in your photo. (I know this for sure as I discovered later every foot of pipe I cut up had a solid coal like blockage).
It was also non barrier installed I believe by builders ‘plumbers’.

View attachment 35777 Had one today on a boiler change. Customer said conservatory rad had stopped working a couple of years ago.

Did a bathroom earlier this year. Radiator moved about 15 years. Non barrier hep. Rad not worked for two years. Once under the floor and cut out the hep it was blocked solid for whole length of pipe.
Changed a dining room radiator last year. Filled it back up, wouldn't work. Cust then tells me that's why they wanted new one as old one wouldn't work. Under floor again and rad been moved years earlier with non barrier hep. Choked solid.

Reply to end radiator not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock