Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss end radiator not heating up in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Cathy Francis

Cathy Francis New Member

Hi, the last radiator in the line has stopped heating up! All the others are nice and hot and the pipe is hot up to the inlet but the rad is cold.. any ideas please? I have a Worcester Greenstar 25Si/30Si combi.

2. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Turn off others and see if you can force heat through

• Like Like x 1
  3. bacon_sandwich

bacon_sandwich GSR

and have bleed tool ready just in case there was a bit of trapped air, rad will be cooler at the top if air has been pushed along and goes in the rad

4. Cathy Francis

Cathy Francis New Member

Brilliant, thanks I love you guys. I’ve learnt so much over the last couple of years since I’ve been on my own. Who says you can’t teach an old dogs new tricks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Its a bit weird has this just started , depending on age of boiler it may be an indication that the pumps getting tired.

6. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

5903F319-3852-4C1A-B3BB-2D27C8D4D94B.jpeg Had one today on a boiler change. Customer said conservatory rad had stopped working a couple of years ago.
    Powerflush wouldn’t clear it. Compressor connected to rad stalk wouldn’t and mains pressure wouldn’t.
    Took laminate up and trap to find non barrier hep blocked solid.
    Cut out and replaced with copper.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Active Member

OP, does it have TRV? It sounds like a stuck pin to me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Glad you have just confirmed what I thought.
    I came across identical problem on a job earlier this year and the entire 15mm Hep pipe to one end of rad was blocked just like in your photo. (I know this for sure as I discovered later every foot of pipe I cut up had a solid coal like blockage).
    It was also non barrier installed I believe by builders ‘plumbers’.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Did a bathroom earlier this year. Radiator moved about 15 years. Non barrier hep. Rad not worked for two years. Once under the floor and cut out the hep it was blocked solid for whole length of pipe.
    Changed a dining room radiator last year. Filled it back up, wouldn't work. Cust then tells me that's why they wanted new one as old one wouldn't work. Under floor again and rad been moved years earlier with non barrier hep. Choked solid.

• Like Like x 2