Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Employed public liability insurance in the Insurance for Plumbers area at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russell

    Russell GSR

    Is it possible to get public liability Insurance to cover me for my jobs on the side seen as tho I have an employer Monday-Friday?
  2. lame plumber

    lame plumber Guest

    yes, go chat to a broker or go online doesnt matter when you work
  3. tamz

    tamz Guest

    So you want to do homers but have a conscience?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tom_plumb

    tom_plumb Guest

    Your employer's policy will be in his name covering him and his employees (i.e. you). If you are not working for your employer then any cover he provides, whether it be public or employers liability, will not be valid. Therefore, as advised, get your own policy in your name for any work you are doing for yourself. Loads of online companies out there. Did mine online without speaking to anyone for about £200 for the year. Nice bit of paper saying your covered certainly gives piece of mind when your doing work for yourself!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
Similar Threads - Employed public liability Forum Date
What are good employed GSR engineers being paid these days? Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum Jan 23, 2019
Going Self-employed, advice. General Off-Topic Chat Jan 9, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.