Search the forum,

Discuss Email alert - Gas & Electric Contract Services UK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owen Taylor is the kind gentleman who offered me the ST contract.

Re: Email alert

Had some contact with these 'people' over last few weeks. They are completely dodgy....STAY AWAY FROM GAS SAFETY CHECKS UK - OWEN TAYLOR.
Got an e-mail offering me the chance of work within the EH postcode carrying out safety checks, plumbing and gas work, bla bla, they have a large client base etc, I could get a contract for a fee of JUST £1800. I was very curious(but not stupid) so I mailed them back. Have to say they are going well out their way to sound 'proffessional', however my Wife being the super sleuth that she is(she watches A LOT of Miss Marple,CSI etc) looked into it further. They have set up a 'business address' in London using one of those places where you hire out desk/office space by the square metre etc, it's called Crusador House, London. The 'ever expanding EMERCOR group' are listed with Companies House as dissolved in 2009...They did forward a name and number for a reference but even that was suspect....I am thinking they are actually based in Ayrshire somewhere, but could be wrong. Anyone with info please feel free to keep me posted. In the mean time I am very happily humouring these guys by promising 'money' and they keep calling and I keep laughing....They will not get a bl££dy penny from me....BEWARE
I hate the fact that people are trying this, I would hate even more if they actually got away with it. I have some Police friends that I am going to pass al this info to. Not sure it will be high on their list of duties, however will give it a go, or even Watchdog?? That Anne whatsit would scare of anyone.

thanks very much team saved my dosh!!!!!! checked out with gassafe, call the darval firm (referee given)...checked out ok then trawlled the forums.... should have done it the other way!!!
gassafe should remove these scum....
thanks again

we should hire a private eye, find out where he lives, and pop round and offer our services:hippy::61::94:

Thanks everyone, we received this email yesterday. We enquired further and received a phone call from Owen Taylor. He seemed a bit flustered when asked for his company details so we could do a credit check. I did a quick google search and ended up here. Good work!

What a waste of space this man is, he has left a message on my land line today!
I have just re-registered with gas safe after 3 years 2 days ago, wonder where he ever could have found my details?
cheers for this forum

Last edited by a moderator:
your details are on the gas safe website for everyone to see, thats why he has all our details

There trading from our neck of the woods Glasgow.
I called them, to obviously find out more information... £1725 + Vat was all I got really,
Safety Gas UK was the trading name. Allegidly

Looks like they are doing the rounds again I received 2 more emails of this company today.

That makes 4 in total. I have just ignored all of them and if they call I'll be giving them a right mouthfull.

There is an easy way to prevent these leaches from contacting you, but you probably will not like it and wont want to do it, and that is to tell gas safe to remove your details from the visible side of their website, customers can still check your registered by typing in your gas safe number, but it means you wont be advertising on the gas safe site, you can also have your picture removed from it as well.

ive only had 1 job from the gas safe website, and one person phone me up only to be told i wasn't the cheapest

ive only had 1 job from the gas safe website, and one person phone me up only to be told i wasn't the cheapest

You are lucky - all I have ever had is one goon ringing me at midnight one night stating he could smell gas out in the street.................and of course emails from these arseholes ( and Safety Checks UK or whatever they are next week)

Good afternoon all,
I googled my company name today to find out where i come in the pages and was annoyed and dissapointed to come across this post from shorticus.
I thought it was only fair that I take the opportunity to respond.
Firstly im going to get on the defensive because you have a right to share your views but what I would liken this to is someone you have never done any gas work for going on to Check a Trade and slating your business and calling you a con man.
I found myself out of employment and had been thinking about a booking system for some time for all businesses and thought this was the best chance to go for it.
I have no idea how this can be classed as a scam of any kind as I provide something that you would own and you would only take if you thought it would be useful to you.
The fact that I was only going to sell 10 in each postcode area was a suggestion from a customer who thought If 100 engineers had it in his area it would detract from its usefulness.
What I would propose is this shorticus, If you use it right and send the link to potential customers, you can have it for free, (if you dont have a website I'll store it on my server for you). At least then you can make an informed decision and not just speculation on something you obviously didnt even look at properly hence "some kind of booking system".
You have my contact details I see, so please contact me to arrange this, as I mentioned I know you have a right to share your views but I hope that you understand I have a right to defend myself against uninformed and completely wrong allegations.
Anyway this is longer than I expected it would be so thanks all.

Good afternoon all,
I googled my company name today to find out where i come in the pages and was annoyed and dissapointed to come across this post from shorticus.
I thought it was only fair that I take the opportunity to respond.
Firstly im going to get on the defensive because you have a right to share your views but what I would liken this to is someone you have never done any gas work for going on to Check a Trade and slating your business and calling you a con man.
I found myself out of employment and had been thinking about a booking system for some time for all businesses and thought this was the best chance to go for it.
I have no idea how this can be classed as a scam of any kind as I provide something that you would own and you would only take if you thought it would be useful to you.
The fact that I was only going to sell 10 in each postcode area was a suggestion from a customer who thought If 100 engineers had it in his area it would detract from its usefulness.
What I would propose is this shorticus, If you use it right and send the link to potential customers, you can have it for free, (if you dont have a website I'll store it on my server for you). At least then you can make an informed decision and not just speculation on something you obviously didnt even look at properly hence "some kind of booking system".
You have my contact details I see, so please contact me to arrange this, as I mentioned I know you have a right to share your views but I hope that you understand I have a right to defend myself against uninformed and completely wrong allegations.
Anyway this is longer than I expected it would be so thanks all.

John my apologies for my misinterpretation of your services/ product, as you can tell from the length of the preceding thread we're all a little battle battered from the constant attempts from people trying to sell us fake deals. And you’re quite correct that I failed to look closely at what you have on offer, to be honest and in my defense I’d put that down to the sheer volume of spam, advertising offers and get rich quick schemes that I receive daily.
Anyway, I’ve removed the post and wish you the best.
Shorty

P.S. I would however suggest that you consider not using the Gas Safe register as a marketing tool/source, that's not what it's there for.
Cheers

It appears "Safety Checks UK" is a trading name of "One Stop Safety Maintenance UK Ltd" Company number - 07695888

So please do not mix up the companies who are spamming your email addresses. :)

Another Nation Home Reports / Group 3 Energy jobby here or what?

Hi all

Tnink i'm one of the mugs to fall for this scam! I've paid my £2070 & not heared much from them since.
So can anyone help me? How can i get this money back or is it gone for ever?
Any help would be great. Thanks.

dava443 sorry to hear that m8,
My advise if they are not following up on their promises of work is get in touch with a solicitor.
An internet forum is ok for advise and to let off steam but to fight it you need real legal advice.

Most solicitors give an hours consultation free, make sure you take all off the relevant paperwork.

dava443,
I honestly dont know if it is a con or not but I do know that virtually every gas engineer in the country has received these e-mails.

Imho these sort of offers are normally aimed at engineers when work is quiet, and often turn out to be no work at all.

I hope you get it sorted m8.

Hi good day all.I would like to post this blog as i also have been sent an email from a company called safety checks uk.Who promised 500 jobs for 1700 quid plus the vat.after doing about a days research on this company,I found out that they have only been in business for 6wks.the clients which they say they have on there website which is www.safetychecksuk.com have never heard of this company.two of there supposed clients even phoned them up to have the phone put down on them.I nearly parted with my cash as they provided me with a ref.which turned out to be a gassafe registered eng.He advised me that he was getting work on a regular basis via this company.he,s obviously in on the scam as mr JOHN WEBB from safety checks uk forgot to withhold his no. this morning and his std dialling code was in the same location as of the ref.i was given and not from the london office which they are supposed to operate from.
Since this morning i have contacted action fraud which i urge anyone who has parted with there hard earned cash or anyone who thinks this is also a fraud to contact them.i,ve also conacted the gassafe reg.and with thanks to metaldust9 was given this forum detail to make all of you jazz drummers about this scam.
thanks mrplumberman.

unfortunately there is no shortage of lowlife scum who will take your money, I had a guy call me on xmas eve saying my books are ready that i ordered for some school charity , he said he had a signed order form from me and he wanted a visa payment of £300 odd quid

hello everyone, im new to this forum and this is my first post,
I have been contacted by safety checks uk in the last week, about a contract in the cardiff area, i was very nearly hooked until i saw this thread, the people i spoke to were Ian Alexander and Owen Taylor, they were very profesional and like i said they nearly had me fooled, i signed some sort of contract that was sent via email and electronically signed by me, but i didnt part with any money. the thing that i found dodgy was the fact that they contacted me several times by phone giving me the hard sell you know like a second hand car salesman! i was then supposed to be available for a conference call on a monday morning and if all went well with their 'blue chip clients' i would be awarded the contract there and then and would have to hand over £1730. now i reckon i was gona win that contract no matter what!!!
After reading this thread i phoned Ian Alexander back and told him i thought he was at it! well he wasnt having none of it, he talked his way around the facts and carried on with the rubbish
MY QUESTION IS THIS?
WHY ARENT GAS SAFE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, THEY COULD AT LEAST NOTIFY ALL OF US OF THESE FRAUDSTERS AND TO LOOK OUT FOR THE EMAILS.
Times are hard for some of us at the moment and a contract like this is very inviting.
hope this helps somebody out there.
regards......... TONY.

hello everyone, im new to this forum and this is my first post,
I have been contacted by safety checks uk in the last week, about a contract in the cardiff area, i was very nearly hooked until i saw this thread, the people i spoke to were Ian Alexander and Owen Taylor, they were very profesional and like i said they nearly had me fooled, i signed some sort of contract that was sent via email and electronically signed by me, but i didnt part with any money. the thing that i found dodgy was the fact that they contacted me several times by phone giving me the hard sell you know like a second hand car salesman! i was then supposed to be available for a conference call on a monday morning and if all went well with their 'blue chip clients' i would be awarded the contract there and then and would have to hand over £1730. now i reckon i was gona win that contract no matter what!!!
After reading this thread i phoned Ian Alexander back and told him i thought he was at it! well he wasnt having none of it, he talked his way around the facts and carried on with the rubbish
MY QUESTION IS THIS?
WHY ARENT GAS SAFE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, THEY COULD AT LEAST NOTIFY ALL OF US OF THESE FRAUDSTERS AND TO LOOK OUT FOR THE EMAILS.
Times are hard for some of us at the moment and a contract like this is very inviting.
hope this helps somebody out there.
regards......... TONY.

Glad you saw through the rubbish.....there are no customers Tony, they just want to steal your hard earned money.

A mate of mine in Exeter signed up to group 3 last year. Did not get the work promised and asked for a refund. 12 months later, it has gone to court, a order against group 3 has been granted, but due to them being based in Scotland it looks like he will get nothing.

I reckon we should go mob handed and pay these guys a visit and see what the permissable drop in pressure is with my u gauge rammed up there bum!!

MY QUESTION IS THIS?

Because it is not in Gas Safe's remit to notify anyone about this type of scam....
If it looks to good to be true then it probably is, what stood out for me was that they had no kind of web presence, and no industry links pointing to their site. I asked them one question and that was please provide me with your VAT registration number. And they could not provide one, as they are charging VAT without a valid number, they face prosecution and jail for that alone.
Best thing to do to really pee them off, is for everyone to ring them and ask for a gas safety inspection. Oh and the address on their site is a virtual office, with several hundred companies operating from there....even plumbing companies.

pay them a visit and go to work on them with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch !

I had emails from these muppets a while back i took 1 look and binned it straight away. i wish i had kept them emails now i was thinking of calling them and bugging the hell out of them with stuipid questions. if we all did that then it might make us feel a whole lot better.
they are the same as the ones that phone up once or twice a week asking if i can take on extra work. i tend to keep them on the phone for about 30 mins(only if i'm not busy) then tell them in some unkind words to go shove it where the sun dont shine. scum the lot of them. i think we should arrange to all call them for 1 week just make their life hell. i'm up for it if anyone else is. we could even record some if it stick it on youtube to warn others.

Just a thought.

Hiya all

Im a newbie trader but have been in the business over 20yrs.
Iam struggling for work as are most of you guys.
I am embarrassed to say i have unfortunatley paid G & E SERVICES U.K the money for the contract.
They promised work within 24hrs but 8 weeks later still nothing.
After phoning them today i was cut of .
Today i have been in touch with Trading Standards and the will be investigated within 14 days if the contract monies are not returned.
I also doubt it will.
The address they are working from right now is
176, St vincents St,
Glasgow,
G2-5SR

I just hope there arnt to many of you that has been duped by these people.

Regards
chrisg1

Hello all

First post. Sorry it's a bad news one. I think these crooks have a new name but the same MO.

This is a cut and paste from an email they sent today. I am posting this so that other engineers are aware of LSG, or Landlords Services Group as they describe themselves. Check out their web links! A very convincing veneer.

Due to additional contracts and client demands, LSG urgently require professional Gas Engineers within the WA and surrounding Postcode area to provide legislative safety checks and full Gas Maintenance for our National Corporate “Blue Chip” Clients.

The successful applicant will offer a “one stop shop” service in their specific field and a proven track record of exceptional customer service is essential.

We are currently tendering for fully qualified Gas engineers to provide a range of maintenance services to our clients on an 2 year contract basis.

Your service levels must be second to none and you must be able to show that you have all necessary KPI's in place to ensure we offer a first class solution to our Clients.

All Gas Maintenance Companies interested in joining our ever expanding group will need to provide the following services:

·CP12's (Landlord's Gas Safety Certificate)
·Annual Boiler Servicing
·Gas Maintenance
·Breakdowns & Repairs
·Installation Work
·Plumbing & Heating Work
·Void Property Work
·HMO Property Work
·Bathroom/Wet room Installations
This work is guaranteed and the chosen Contractor will be given exclusive rights to the contract within the designated postcode area over the next 2 years.
The successful candidate will be required to work for both our Corporate "Blue Chip Client's" and a host of local Property Management Companies, Letting Agent's, HMO Providers, Building Contractors, Insurance Firms and Banking Groups.

LSG have rapidly become the fastest growing Management Company in the UK and we now cover every aspect of property maintenance ranging from Gas & Electrical Contractors right through to Surveying and renewable energy.

Being part of a national organisation and offering such a unique all inclusive service within the property sector, we have secured some of the U.K’s most creditable contracts within both the property management sector and also from national blue chip companies, which in hand has helped us to be able to provide such maintenance contracts for the more dedicated local gas and electrical companies who can provide our clients a more professional local service.

Our Larger Clients require the most competent gas engineers to carry the work out, so it is our responsibility to determine from all the companies interested who will represent our company in the correct manner. We have a strict criteria that must be met by our engineers and various factors come into place when we implement a company to carry out the work.

The Contractors fee applies only to the successful Company and this fee allows us to be able to cover the running costs of the contract over the next 2 years and means we DO NOT take any commission from the chosen contractor for any work carried out on our behalf.

To ensure the contract costs are kept to an absolute minimum for our contractors, the contract is completely free to tender for and the one off fee is only payable upon commencing the contract .(fee & contract details are listed below).

Contract Details & Cost
The Duration 2 Years (24 Months) (After the 2 year period is over,the successfull contractor will be given first option of taking on the contract again before it is opened up for tender)

The Guarantee 500 Full Managed Properties P.A. (All Gas Maintenance work included) (Duties will include CP12's, servicing, repairs, call out's, plumbing work & installs)
The Clients Letting Agents, Property Management Companies, Insurance Firms, Banking Group's, Building Firms & HMO Providers. (All of which are contracted to use the services of LSG and a full list of these clients can be viewed on our website www.landlordservicesgroup.com )

The Cost £1731 + VAT (Made Payable at the start of the contract for the chosen Company)

If you would like to find out more regarding the contract or to express an interest please contact Matt West on the number listed below or E-Mail over your contact details and a member of the team will contact you to discuss the contract further.

To express a formal interest please contact:

Matthew West

Business Assessor

LSG

14 Lainshaw Street

Stewarton

Office: 01563 533238

Hi Chrisg1

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get your $'s back.

Just to let people know, I have had an email from a company with the same MO. I'm sure it's the same crooks.

They have emailed a similar offer. They operate as LSG. Landlord Services Group.

I did try to post the email last night, but it does not seem to have appeared!

Anyway, they have a web site and have a veneer of authenticity, but, they do not check out with Co's Hs and cannot offer a VAT number.

JayDee

Here's a copy of their email with links to their web site.

Due to additional contracts and client demands, LSG urgently require professional Gas Engineers within the WA and surrounding Postcode area to provide legislative safety checks and full Gas Maintenance for our National Corporate “Blue Chip” Clients.

The successful applicant will offer a “one stop shop” service in their specific field and a proven track record of exceptional customer service is essential.

We are currently tendering for fully qualified Gas engineers to provide a range of maintenance services to our clients on an 2 year contract basis.

Your service levels must be second to none and you must be able to show that you have all necessary KPI's in place to ensure we offer a first class solution to our Clients.

All Gas Maintenance Companies interested in joining our ever expanding group will need to provide the following services:

· CP12's (Landlord's Gas Safety Certificate)
· Annual Boiler Servicing
· Gas Maintenance
· Breakdowns & Repairs
· Installation Work
· Plumbing & Heating Work
· Void Property Work
· HMO Property Work
· Bathroom/Wet room Installations
This work is guaranteed and the chosen Contractor will be given exclusive rights to the contract within the designated postcode area over the next 2 years.
The successful candidate will be required to work for both our Corporate "Blue Chip Client's" and a host of local Property Management Companies, Letting Agent's, HMO Providers, Building Contractors, Insurance Firms and Banking Groups.

LSG have rapidly become the fastest growing Management Company in the UK and we now cover every aspect of property maintenance ranging from Gas & Electrical Contractors right through to Surveying and renewable energy.

Being part of a national organisation and offering such a unique all inclusive service within the property sector, we have secured some of the U.K’s most creditable contracts within both the property management sector and also from national blue chip companies, which in hand has helped us to be able to provide such maintenance contracts for the more dedicated local gas and electrical companies who can provide our clients a more professional local service.

Our Larger Clients require the most competent gas engineers to carry the work out, so it is our responsibility to determine from all the companies interested who will represent our company in the correct manner. We have a strict criteria that must be met by our engineers and various factors come into place when we implement a company to carry out the work.

The Contractors fee applies only to the successful Company and this fee allows us to be able to cover the running costs of the contract over the next 2 years and means we DO NOT take any commission from the chosen contractor for any work carried out on our behalf.

To ensure the contract costs are kept to an absolute minimum for our contractors, the contract is completely free to tender for and the one off fee is only payable upon commencing the contract .(fee & contract details are listed below).

Same swollocks.

I would recommend that anyone who has had money taken by these outfits contact Strathclyde Police on 0141 532 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Email alert - Gas & Electric Contract Services UK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock