Search the forum,

Discuss Email alert - Gas & Electric Contract Services UK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ecowarm

Received this email looks like the previous companies that have been mentioned on the forum, just with another name.

Lots of money upfront for a contract possibly? Google brings up nothing for this company?..........................................................................................................................................................................................:90:

Due to our national contractual obligations and demands, we are now required to implement a gas company in the DN Postcode area to cover a 3 year Gas maintenance contract for our Clients.

We are looking for a gas company that can take on the following:

• Gas Safety Certificates
  • Gas Installations
  • Gas Maintenance
  • Breakdown & Repair work
  • Full Void work
  • Bathroom Installations ( optional )
This work is guaranteed and we will be implementing only the one company to carry out the work on a 3 year contract basis. They will be required to work for both our National Property management contracts and also be responsible for carrying out the work for Property Management Companies, Student Accommodations, HMO, Building Contractors, National Lettings and Estate Agencies and Insurance Companies.

Gas and Electric services U.K. is one of the U.K’s fastest expanding companies that can cover all aspects of Gas, Electrical and Plumbing work. With our national network of companies providing these services we have secured some of the U.K’s most creditable contracts within both the property management sector and also from national blue chip companies, which in hand has helped us to be able to provide such maintenance contracts for the more dedicated local gas and electrical companies who can provide our clients a more professional local service.

Our Larger Clients require the most competent gas engineers to carry the work out, so it is our responsibility to determine from all the companies interested who will represent our company in the correct manner. We have a strict criteria that must be met by our engineers and various factors come into place when we implement a company to carry out the work.

In the past we had a system in which we would take a percentage on each job carried out for us, but unfortunately due to being let down by gas companies for our National contracts and the lack of commitment when carrying the work out, we now have to charge a fee for the contract. In some instances, gas companies had jeopardised our contracts, due to their unprofessional approach and their inability to create relationships with our clients.

To ensure profitability for our contractors the contract is 100% free to be considered for with a one off fee upon commencing the contract (fee listed below). The contract will run for a 3 year period.
Properties - 450 per annum (covering domestic gas maintenance and servicing and full void work on various properties)
Clients: Property Management, Private Landlords, Insurance Companies, National Estate/Letting agents, Student Accommodation, Building Companies which are contracted in using our services throughout the 3 year contract period. One off payment £1725 + vat.
If you would like to find out more regarding the contract or to express an interest please contact Terry Kirkwood on the number listed below or E-Mail over your contact details and a member of the team will contact you to discuss the contract further.
Kind Regards,

C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif

This e-mail is issued by a Gas & Electric Contract Services UK. The contents of this e-mail are confidential and will have no contractual effect unless it is otherwise agreed between a specific Gas & Electric Contract Services UK and the recipient.

If you are not the addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee), please notify the originator immediately by return message and destroy the original message. This message and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving the Gas & Electric Contract Services UK network. However, Gas & Electric Contract Services UK does not guarantee the security of this message and will not be responsible for any damages arising as a result of any virus being passed on or arising from any alteration of this message by a third party. Gas & Electric Contract Services UK may monitor emails sent to and from the Gas & Electric Contract Services UK network.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Email alert

If they had that many properties wouldn't you think they'd already have the work covered? Looks dubldodge to me! I got the same one. i wonder where they're picking up our email addresses?

Same crowd different name, how do they get away with it, offering non existant goods by deception. I may go to scotland and call and see them next time i'm up north.

dont ever pay for these scams a ligit company would bill monthly for work supplied. not steal from people new to the buisness, I'm not sure if Gas Safe ( or Corgi ) has been selling our details to these low life's i suspect they have.

all our details are on th gassafe website so they probably trawl through it and get it that way as i doubt gassafe would be able flog our details on

Just looked at their website... it's a joke!
Why would you put Part P Electrical safety in massive font on every single page?
The whole site is extremely weak. Whoever it was used free templates (Joomla! 1.5) to build the site for nothing. Cheap!

Very dodgy, stay away!

Some of the pages have this notice,

Due to upgrades on a new CRM System being implemented on behalf of our clients these pages will be back up to view on Friday 10th June. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

29 June now maybe next year?

Having just recieved the "want some work" e mail from Gas & Electric Contract Services UK, and upon checking the company I came across this forum. We then went to Companies House and found the the company is realy called GEC Contract Services Ltd and the company registration number SC402463 registered at Companies house on 27th June 2011 thats Monday this week, we downloaded the Incorporation document and it shows only 1 director a Mark Leeming he is also the company secretary he will be 43 in September this year. Just looked at the premise on Google maps street view,they (or Mark Leeming) is working from what appears to be a serviced office (you rent a space) so be warned

Having just recieved the "want some work" e mail from Gas & Electric Contract Services UK, and upon checking the company I came across this forum. We then went to Companies House and found the the company is realy called GEC Contract Services Ltd and the company registration number SC402463 registered at Companies house on 27th June 2011 thats Monday this week, we downloaded the Incorporation document and it shows only 1 director a Mark Leeming he is also the company secretary he will be 43 in September this year. Just looked at the premise on Google maps street view,they (or Mark Leeming) is working from what appears to be a serviced office (you rent a space) so be warned

thanks for the heads up les.

they sound familiar with that other compay that came on here and threatened to sue lol

Oh yes that company that had no connection to g3e but did?

Hi again

Just a small up-date, somone mentioned G3E so being a ferret thought I would yet again check Companies House and quess what ?? a Mr Mark Leeming is a director of a company called Group 3 Energy Solutions Ltd who were at 99B West Main Street, Darvel, Scotland. They were incorporated on 15th Dec 2009 and the company registration number is SC370153 and the company is still live, all this information is in the public domain it's just searching for it.

I would suggest that this company is definately getting their information off the Gas Safe register as I have not recieved any emails, Yes I am on the register but unless you actually put my registration number in to check an engineer I will not appear on the register as I do not want people contacting me from the register. My reason as I have said before is I do not advertise and I do not need to advertise, also I hate cold call sales people contacting me.
I do not know if Gas Safe is selling their lists to these companies but I doubt it I suspect they are just trawling through the register. I do know however that Corgi sold their list as I asked a number of cold call companies where they got my number from

Two things , firstly ,Hello everyone :aureola:, secondly thanks Les for your background work on this little outfit.No engineer should ever be required to pay any money upfront which in itself should hopefully put 99% of Gas Safe Registered engineers off.
Bob

Two things , firstly ,Hello everyone :aureola:, secondly thanks Les for your background work on this little outfit.No engineer should ever be required to pay any money upfront which in itself should hopefully put 99% of Gas Safe Registered engineers off.
Bob
Welcome Toned.f.
Times are tough for a lot out there at moment, myself included. Unfortunately, there will be a lot out there that fall for these kind of scams when they are promising work.
As I said before, if it looks and sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Hello all

The topic of how Gas Safe Register uses your information has come up a few times and we have addressed it in Registered Gas Engineer magazine, in engineer update emails and direct back to those who have actually come to us to check. For the avoidance of any doubt I will put this as clearly as I can:

Gas Safe Register has not, does not and will not use your registration information for commercial activity. It is expressly forbidden in our agreement with HSE and it forms part of the Rules of Registration all registered businesses sign up to. We have a declaration on the website which explicitly states our responsibilities under Data Protection regulations:

"Data provided and held by the scheme on registrants and their customers will be treated in confidence and used strictly for the correct and proper operation of the register.

It will not be sold or commercially exploited in any way."

You can find that paragraph about half way down this page:
[DLMURL="https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Registration.aspx"]https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Registration.aspx[/DLMURL]

I hope that clears things up.

GasSafePR

Hello all

The topic of how Gas Safe Register uses your information has come up a few times and we have addressed it in Registered Gas Engineer magazine, in engineer update emails and direct back to those who have actually come to us to check. For the avoidance of any doubt I will put this as clearly as I can:

Gas Safe Register has not, does not and will not use your registration information for commercial activity. It is expressly forbidden in our agreement with HSE and it forms part of the Rules of Registration all registered businesses sign up to. We have a declaration on the website which explicitly states our responsibilities under Data Protection regulations:

"Data provided and held by the scheme on registrants and their customers will be treated in confidence and used strictly for the correct and proper operation of the register.

It will not be sold or commercially exploited in any way."

You can find that paragraph about half way down this page:
[DLMURL="https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Registration.aspx"]https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Registration.aspx[/DLMURL]

I hope that clears things up.

GasSafePR

Thank you Gas Safe PR for making it abundantly clear that you are not selling our information that to me is very comforting, is it still possible though that they could be gainning the information by merely looking on the website, I realise that this is not your fault and you may not be able to control this

Hi all

I have just updated my profile to let you all know that I am not the Fuzz.

I got this email today too.Just hit delete without even reading it. There are all sorts of databases for supplying customer information,it's an industry in itself now.

Same crowd different name, how do they get away with it, offering non existant goods by deception. I may go to scotland and call and see them next time i'm up north.

dont ever pay for these scams a ligit company would bill monthly for work supplied. not steal from people new to the buisness, I'm not sure if Gas Safe ( or Corgi ) has been selling our details to these low life's i suspect they have.

Like they sold them to the HMRC you mean ? :(

Hi Everyone.

I received the same e-mail recently. Surprisingly, the contract was due to be awarded on the Thursday after my call on Tuesday. I was awarded the contract and sent the details to e-sign, which I didn't do. after carrying out the same research as other people with Companies House. I was given a reference of Affordable P & H, who gave a glowing reference. The owner of Affordable P & H is Mark Ashley Leeming, the same owner (or sole director) as GE Contract Services Ltd. After querying this company with G E Services I was told that it was a mistake (even though Mark Leeming rang me back himself with the reference). I was given a second reference, who stated he was in his second year of the contract, G.E Contract services was registered 27/6/2011. Using checksure (instant on-line credit check) Mark Leeming currently owns 6 companies, all with very high credit scores (high meaning very poor) 2 with a risk of I (running insolvant or in receivership). 1 dissolved company and 3 resigned directorships from 2009, 2010 & 2011. It cost me about £15.00 to find out this information, but rather that than just over £2000.00 for a non existant contract. The contract had a few anomalies. The main one stating " The contractor and its employees and subcontractors will not have any right or power to bind client to any obligation". the min of 450 properties is surely some form of obligation that you cannot bind them to. This is also after the initial statement " Should the client fail to provide this amoumt then the contractors fee of £1725 + vat will be refunded in full "

Thanks for you coments junior Member Nordanheating, we did the same as you when we recieved the contract offer and got the same results, the person you comented about has been doing this scam for a long time now but there seems to be no way of closing him down, Gas Safe are not intrested as it is not a gas issue and companies house just lets him register again and again and again, so we do our bit on the forams try to stop as many people from falling for this scam as posible. All you can do is to tell your mates to avoid this guy.

does that statement say what i think it says - 'we promise you a minimum of 450 properties but if we dont have any properties theres nothing you can do about it'.

I had this same email

andygas needs to read this before he pays out

Another one last Friday (new to me anyway) from "safetychecksuk.com", "part of the global EMERCOR group". Searches on Companies House website for these names show three similarly named companies dissolved. Has anyone else had this?

Another one last Friday (new to me anyway) from "safetychecksuk.com", "part of the global EMERCOR group". Searches on Companies House website for these names show three similarly named companies dissolved. Has anyone else had this?

had that same E-mail, checked up on 2 similar named companies "Safety checks limited" "safety check limited" both registered at different addresses than the e-mail, one dissolved in 2009 and the other is intending to dissolve and £3k in the Red.

Had that one last week and now another "reminder" from them that the EH postcodes are up for grabs now. I hate these leeches!

Had one from Gas & Electric Contract Services UK last week and one from Safety Checks UK today, if these people put as much effort into running a bona fide business as they do into these scams then I'm sure they'd make enough so they'd not need to con anyone!

Got one today from Safety checks UK.

I feel so privileged to get this rare opportunity.

Hopefully they will go bust again.

mate report them to trading standards i did yesterday also told dean ward to ram it up his arse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Email alert - Gas & Electric Contract Services UK in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock