Search the forum,

Discuss Elterm Boiler Review in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m currently in the process of completing an outbuilding which I will have hot water and 3 radiators to ensure the place stays warm during the winter months.

The builder recently recommended going with a boiler called Elterm which I’ve never heard of but assured me that it’s just as good as mainstream manufacturers.

I would be keen to get your thoughts on Elterm as a manufacturer.

I’m not sure if the part number but have been told it is an electric combo boiler and doesn’t require any tank. It has Warm-heat written on the front and I’ve been told it regulates between 9kw -15kw.

All feedback on the boiler would be much appreciated.

Elterm are Polish made (and for the UK market) electric system or combi boilers. They are not particularly cheap - circa £1300 for an 9/15kw combi version ( as sold not fitted).

Not aware of any quality issues - but obviously as with any wet electric powered heating system, they are not the cheapest of systems to run, unless you are in receipt of subsidised (solar) power.

Last edited:
Elterm are Polish made (and for the UK market) electric system or combi boilers. They are not particularly cheap - circa £1300 for an 9/15kw combi version ( as sold not fitted).

Not aware of any quality issues - but obviously as with any wet electric powered heating system, they are not the cheapest of systems to run, unless you are in receipt of subsidised (solar) power.

Thanks for you feedback, I’ll mainly be using the outbuilding as a home office and not expecting to have it on for more than an hour a day at most as it’s recently been insulated with Celotex. As I mentioned earlier, the concern was that there didn’t seem to be a huge amount of info available on any online forums and wanted to make sure before he started work on fitting.

May be a bit late to start researching at this stage

The original plan was to use an alternative boiler which I can’t recall the name of, however as the builder took on the whole package, he decided to change the brand of boiler and only informed me after. I don’t mind the choice, just concerned that I hadn’t come across Elterm when doing my research earlier.

I must admit the uk distributor did provide me with some details and was very positive, however you would expect this as he is tasked with selling the product.

Reply to Elterm Boiler Review in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock