Search the forum,

Discuss Electrician wiring heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
I had a debate with an electrician about correct wiring of regular Worcester boilers. I told him it needed to be wired to give the boiler control of when the pump comes on. This would mean up dating cables. He said using the original wiring just a switch line to activate both at same time was just as good and its how a lot of these boilers are wired. What do you think?

They do work but not recommended it’s advised so no problem

The magic word could and tbh don’t see they would invalidate

Reply to Electrician wiring heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just installed second zone onto my ideal independent c35 original I had one hive thermostat now I added two two port valves ( with Bypass) and two hive thermostat V3 it wired into a wiring centre looking at the wiring on the boiler shall I put back the room stat/ timer loop back in as...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hi Fellow Engineers I've attached a wiring diagram I've just completed, I wanted to make sure I've got it correct. Looking to install 2 Nest thermostats to a Worcester combi boiler. 1 Zone is radiators and the other is UFH, with pump on manifold Would be grateful to receive feedback. Thanks
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Vaillant ecoFIT 415 open vent heat only boiler. For wiring the boiler and pump, should I use the 3-way wire switch" solution OR a "remote switching" solution? The pump and copper tank are situated about 25ft from the boiler. I've been told that the 3-way cable solution doesn't work well with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock