Search the forum,

Discuss Electrical box to valves behind heating pipes? is this safe/ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I need more official and professional opinions om my situation.
It looks like the electrican and plumber have built something that I'm not sure is safe.
Please can you confirm.

The electrical box is sitting behind the heating pipes and the electrical box is touching the pipes.

is this safe?

a picture

1512217036718-624797799.jpg

Yea not right as you can't get to it for access/ replacing

Non but very bad practice

Surely if you can't put a non-maintenance-free junction box under a floor unless there is a dedicated access panel, and that electrical box cannot be accessed for maintenance, then logic would suggest that unless the electrical box has maintenance-free (i.e. non-screwed) terminals, it is in violation of a similar reg?
But you'd need to check on our sister forum as that's presumably where the sparkies live.

Surely if you can't put a non-maintenance-free junction box under a floor unless there is a dedicated access panel, and that electrical box cannot be accessed for maintenance, then logic would suggest that unless the electrical box has maintenance-free (i.e. non-screwed) terminals, it is in violation of a similar reg?
But you'd need to check on our sister forum as that's presumably where the sparkies live.

they cant be put under floors now, only where you can get at like gas comp fittings

Page 9, paragraph 4 would suggest you can't put them under floors 'unless provision is made for access'. Not that I would, even with provision, as it only takes someone to lay a posh carpet or some tiles, and bang goes the provision.

Unless this link is out of date?

hager.co.uk/files/download/0/2801_1/0/Guide_to_Junction_Boxes.pdf

Not good but easy enough when replacing head to cut cable and use junction box to connect new head. I do this on all mv changes so I dont have to go into wiring centre.

Not ideal but see it all the time who's to blame engineer or electrican ??? in all honesty both . cheers kop

That's why I do the wiring from the fused spur. Sparks get a bit lost with heating and controls wiring. I always make sure wether It's a heating part or electrical box It's accessible as possible. Just incase it's me coming back for maintenance/repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electrical box to valves behind heating pipes? is this safe/ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock