Search the forum,

Discuss Electric boiler advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I wondered if I can get your opinions on a hot water and heating system in a property we are about to purchase.

The property is a three bedroom bungalow (recently extended to loft from 2 bedrooms) with two bathrooms and roughly 7 radiators (1 x long radiator). It's about 1000 sqft in total. The cottage is in an area that does not have a gas connection and the chap selling has replaced the old storage heaters with an electric wet central heating system. The boiler used is an Elnur Mattira Mac15.

Do you think the boiler would provide enough hot water and heating to a property this size? The boiler spec says 'ideal for single bathroom properties'. We are a young family of three so it is unlikely that both bathrooms will be used at the same time unless we have guests. We are the first people to buy the property after the renovation therefore not even the seller has an idea about how good or bad the system is.

Any input in to the matter is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Yes it sounds like it will be ok. it’s not going to be very economical though, you’re going to be running up a good electric bill. Drawing off hot from the kitchen for example will affect the water temperature whilst running the bath at the same time. Is the any reason you know of why they didn’t chose LPG or oil?

Not the most efficient of systems but will work quite well if you make sure you are on the right energy tariff, and the property has been insulated , double glazed and is draught free I have installed one in a Rural location and am in the process of doing another running cost are slightly higher than natural gas but on par with lpg in my opion. Kop

Thank you for your replies. We have taken electric consumption to account. I worked out that we would roughly be using around 13,000 kWh roughly per year. The property is a Band D on EPC. It has been recently renovated - brand new double glazing and it seems that they have done a lot of work on insulating the place. Like King Of Pipes said, the seller said the electric system as good as a LPG - the property has very restricted outdoor space, so its freeing up the space used for cylinder storage etc.

King of pipes, the one you have installed previously, how good was the hot water? Did it work well in simultaneously in kitchen and bathroom etc.?

I am hoping that we can get this system to work for a few years until we can gather some money to invest in a heat pump system (Air source) which I have heard is more economical and comes with government grants etc.

Not great on hotwater really especially when the incoming water temperature drops in the winter , I fit a pressurised hotwater cylinder which works quite well along side it don't forget if in a hard water area a water softener is a must . Kop

Not great on hotwater really especially when the incoming water temperature drops in the winter , I fit a pressurised hotwater cylinder which works quite well along side it don't forget if in a hard water area a water softener is a must . Kop

Thanks Kop. By hot water not being great, do you mean the system wouldn't provide sufficient hot water for even one shower at a time?

Yes you will be ok for showering you have 50 litre store built in I believe found this for you.cheers kop

Screenshot_20180920-180737.png

Reply to Electric boiler advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock