Search the forum,

Discuss Ecocent vented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DanPlumb

Hi all,

I have been to look at a problem today where this type of cylinder has been fitted ( ecocent vented ) it is linked up to a ASHP. the problem is the showers are constantly airlocking. With the hot water system being vented it has three shower booster pumps fitted to boost hot/cold water pressure to shower three different shower, there is only one hot water outlet on cylinder which runs upover then horizonatally to a tee piece, the top outlet on tee is the vent going over the storage tank above and the other going down to feed three shower pumps and other domestic hot water outlet within house.
Obviously with normal vented cylinders you usually fit an essex/warrix to the cylinder for a shower pump, i am thinking when the showers are ran the air is been sucked from the expansion pipe. Anybody fit these systems who may be able to help please?

Many Thanks.

You are correct, air being sucked in. It has nothing to do with it being an ecocent, just bad plumbing design. Re-configure the pipe work.

Hi DanPlumb .... may I first say I haven't got a clue what you're talking about regards cylinder! However the principals of open vented systems haven't changed that much over the 30-odd years I've been about! You got to supply the requirements otherwise something will give!

How long has the system been installed? New means installation issues, old means component or circulation issues! Have the showers been added subsequently? Things to consider eh ?

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes i realise its nothing to do with the ecocent itself just wondered if there was any fitting you can buy thats compatible with the cylinder o prevent air been sucked in like you get with normal vented cylinders ( essex flange etc) just i cant see how you can possibly add another tapping to the cylinder with in been in an insulated casing. The cylinder only has the one outlet. Sorry if i seem confused ha, just cant see it been as simple as a normal vented cylinder.

Thanks

The Ecocent can also be installed as an unvented cylinder, give earthsave products a call (importers)

The system is 2 years old. From what i can gather the heating side of the system has been incorrectly installed so its no wonder not much thought has gone into the domestic side too. I thought unvented ecocents would have been a better idea rather than the vented with shower booster pumps!
Yes i am aware of principals with open vented systems just the ecocent isnt an ordinary vented cylinder, its not as easy as a vented cylinder you cant just add a tapping to the cylinder or so it seems anyway.

Ecowarm thanks for your input mate.

I have actually already spoke to their technical team who have said it is fine to have a vented cylinder just were unsure themselves to why someone woud install shower pumps to boost the hot water pressure when obviously the unvented system would suit the needs of the house. I think ill give them another call tomorrow though, Thanks again.

Dan what's 'ASHP'? Sozz but sometimes abbreviations do my headin! lol

If your demant outweighs your supply however then you'll get air drawn in eh? If that's something knew then you look for what's changed since installation IMHO:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ecocent vented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock