Search the forum,

Discuss Easyfit kitchen tap question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello ,

I have a easyfit kitchen tap which I have recently read horror stories of the tap flying off etc...

I have a small dilemma in that I want to replace this tap as soon as possible but am going away for 2 weeks so won't have time until I return.

It's been on for about 16 months but definitely has a wobble to it which you can easily see a gap between the tap and the tap plinth or metal ring thingy when it's wobbled. It's been like this all that time which I originally put down to shoddy workmanship because it's a new build house.

It's probably unlikely to fail while I'm away but does anyone have experience with these taps? Should I maybe shut off the isolation valve while I go away to be safe?

Regards

I’ve heard the stories but have fitted loads of these and as long as they are installed correctly I’ve not had one fail yet. Touch wood of course

From your experience are they as snug and compact as normal kitchen taps?

I can't tell if the wobble is because of a very cheap kitchen basin or the tap itself.

it the tap wobbling or the sink top flexing as they dont wobble (the tap when seated)

Sorry, I dont understand. There is definitely movement in the tap but the flex in the steel basin may make it worse.

Are the metal rings that you put below the tap suppose to have movement?

Reply to Easyfit kitchen tap question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock