Search the forum,

Discuss Eastbrook product .......... any pointers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdoch

Esteemed
Res.Electrician
Guys,

This is a DIY question so please bear with me ....

Our ensuite shower is making noises when any other tap upstairs is running ............ so I've concluded that part of the shower riser appears to be loose - but how can I (assuming I can) tighten this up?

This is the Eastbrook page:

EAST1 -

This is a photo of the item in question:

Shower.jpg

Many thanks...

Please let me know if you need more information....

What sort of noise is it ?

1. Does the shower have to be running when opening any other upstairs tap causes the noise, or does it have to be shut down, or doesn't it matter?
2. What makes you think it is the riser that's causing the noise?
3. If the noise occurs with the shower off, I'd suspect a vibrating non-return valve or partly blocked filter. As a first move I'd suggest:
3a. Turn off the hot and cold to the shower.
3b. Slacken and remove the two large nuts holding the shower valve body to the pipes coming from the wall. You may have to undo the chrome circular shrouds to do this.
3c. Pull the valve off the wall by a few inches. You may have to undo the top bracket holding the riser to the wall to do this.
3d. Inside the valve where it attaches to the wall pipes, there may be filters and / or non-return valves. Remove these, de-scale and clean them and re-insert.
3e. Reassemble, and turn the water back on. See if this has cured the problem.

I'll try and answer as best I can!

1. no noises are made when the shower is running

2. No - it's the flow regulator in the picture that is making the noise, in fact the gap from this piece to the main body has increased and it will rock slightly.

3. Most of this is beyond my skills and toolbox but we do have a water softener, so lime scale isn't a problem.

on my picture is there any way to tighten up the part in question?

There's a screw under the cover on the end

Pop the cover off and tighten the screw

There's a screw under the cover on the end

Pop the cover off and tighten the screw

Thanks.

Have tried that, the screw is now nice and tight - but the whistling is still present .......

Is there a seal in this piece that needs replacing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Eastbrook product .......... any pointers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock