Search the forum,

Discuss Droning noise from Baxi 133HE plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Having some issues with my boiler and the central heating company are struggling to resolve.

We had it serviced and it was working fine. We then had a new filling loop fitted a week later as the old one was falling apart, and since then it makes a horrific droning /vibrating noise but only when we fill the bath. Every other tap is fine. It also keeps losing pressure.

We paid over £100 for a new AAV and PRV as he said they were probably clogged up causing the pressure issue but that hasn't fixed it. He now thinks the pressure is due to a leak in the pipes which happen to run almost exactly under our toilet upstairs, but there is no access other than ripping the bathroom floor up and removing the toilet. This diagnosis is because he can't find anything else leaking so it must be the pipes - there is also a leak style stain on the ceiling below although it has been there at least a year. His advice is that as we are probably getting a new bathroom next year, wait until then otherwise we'll need to pay for a new floor twice. He reckons it can only be a small leak else the pressure would drop all the way which it isn't.

In terms of the noise, he diagnosed a new fan and fit that this week. It seemed to improve the noise a bit but having tried it again this morning, it is as bad as it was so clearly not the £300+ replacement fan. He said the pressure vessel pressure is fine if that helps narrow it down.

They are sending someone else out next week - does anyone else have any ideas as I am nearly £500 to have achieved nothing?

Thank you.

Morning mate. You now have 3 threads on the same issue. Please stick to one as it gets confusing for all of us.

Morning mate. You now have 3 threads on the same issue. Please stick to one as it gets confusing for all of us.
Hi sorry I have only added this one and I can't see any other threads? Apologies if there are 3 somehow. Could you let me know where and I will remove them?

Thanks

Sorted

Reply to Droning noise from Baxi 133HE plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock