Search the forum,

Discuss Dripping shower thermostatic control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys,
This is my first post, hope you will help me with my questions.
At home I have a megaflow system feeding a downstairs shower and upstairs bathroom. Two issues with the shower control
1) water too hot, rotating the thermostat only increases the temperature :( looks like it has not been set properly, or needs adjustment.
2) Now it has started to drip constantly, carefully operating the of / off control will slow the drip rate but doesn't stop it.

My question is will it be possible to replace the cartridge in the on/off control to stop it from dripping ? any suggestions on how to remove the cartridge and where to look for a replacement ?
IMG_20181004_064401.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks Guys, this was purchased from victoriaplum. Have ordered a replacement from them hopefully that will fix the dripping prblm.
What seems to be the problem with the temperature of the water? is it faulty thermostat cartridge or some sort of setting ? There is a black cap that goes on the thermostatic control to stop the extent of rotation does varying the position of that help?

Thanks Guys, this was purchased from victoriaplum. Have ordered a replacement from them hopefully that will fix the dripping prblm.
What seems to be the problem with the temperature of the water? is it faulty thermostat cartridge or some sort of setting ? There is a black cap that goes on the thermostatic control to stop the extent of rotation does varying the position of that help?

Rotating the black stop sets the maximum controlled temperature, but only if the thermostat is working. It sounds like yours isn't so, effectively you have a manual shower. It will have been correct when fitted, changing that setting now is dealing with the sympton not the cause. The showerdoc site will show you how to strip the on/off cartridge and the temperature cartridge.
In my experience it is a frustrating false economy to do anything other than replace both and the thermostat if it's seperate.

Reply to Dripping shower thermostatic control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but the temperature handle won't come off. Am I missing something or does it just need more force?
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
I'm attempting to replace an ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge but, having removed the temperature control knob from the housing that incorporates the temperature 'stop' mechanism, I cannot pull this housing free from the rest of the assembly. I can see no circlip holding it in...
Replies
Views
I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor. My problem is this: If I install the thermostatic cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temp sensor (i.e. do the job properly), the shower runs warm...
Replies
Views
Hello I need to replace my Grohe Geotherm shower cubicle mounted control unit. Its around 17 years old but replacements seem to be available The main hot / cold water control unit is in the loft, I think its working ok How do I get the replacement cubicle control to connect to the loft unit...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock