Search the forum,

Discuss Dripping in Wall cavity after boiler service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm after some advice if possible please! We had our Combi boiler (in kitchen) serviced for it's 3rd year last week & since then we've noticed a fast dripping sound in our sitting room wall cavity when the heating is on! It slows to 1 drip per 40 secs once heating turns off! Our house was extended 3-4 yrs ago & the radiator was removed from the wall in question & attached to the opposite side of the same wall into our new kitchen so there shouldn't be any spare pipes to be dripping! After the service we noticed the temperature had been turned up to full on both the radiator & water dial on the baxi boiler, could this have anything to do with it? All radiators are working as normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks Lindsay.

I’d suspect it’s nothing to do with the service just an unfortunate coincidence. Just because someone has worked in your house does not automatically mean that they’re to blame if something is leaking. Maybe post some pics and we can offer ideas

I’d suspect it’s nothing to do with the service just an unfortunate coincidence. Just because someone has worked in your house does not automatically mean that they’re to blame if something is leaking. Maybe post some pics and we can offer ideas
There is nothing to take photos of as I said the drip is in the cavity wall so we can hear it! I wasn't blaming anyone either I'm just asking is it normal for the dials to be turned up & left at full during & after a service as we never turn them up due to having young children who could get scolded if too hot!

The engineer should really have asked but may also have set your boiler to a more efficient set up. You have to forgive me, when people say we had someone in and ever since xyz has happened often they are looking for a way to blame the previous contractor. Are you losing pressure on your boiler

The engineer should really have asked but may also have set your boiler to a more efficient set up. You have to forgive me, when people say we had someone in and ever since xyz has happened often they are looking for a way to blame the previous contractor. Are you losing pressure on your boiler
No but the contractor did ask if we've ever had to reset the pressure which my husband told him no! Everything seems fine it's just the dripping noise & trying to work out what it is as it's between our old external wall so will need bricks removed to access & no doubt insurance company will ask if the service has had anything to do with it so at least I can give some sensible answers & not let them pass the buck! Thanks for your advice.

Is it definitely a leak, could it be pipe 'clicking' while it's expanding with heat?
Is there any signs of damp?
No signs as yet but it's only been dripping for about a week & the wall was our old external wall so I'm assuming the damp proof layer is stopping it showing up to now! We've never heard any noise previously & we are in the sitting room every evening for hours with the kids.

Reply to Dripping in Wall cavity after boiler service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock