Search the forum,

Discuss Drilling through Sandstone in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks, I've got an outside tap to fit on Monday. It's a sandstone building. Anyone know the right size and type of drill bit. I have a standard 18mm 600 to 800mm in length masonry bit which I use with a Makita 18v hammer drill. Should I bring a transformer/generator and use a core gun with the correct attachments.

I don't want to turn up with the wrong tools for the job. Thanks

sds plus and the 800mm 18mm

Hi folks, I've got an outside tap to fit on Monday. It's a sandstone building. Anyone know the right size and type of drill bit. I have a standard 18mm 600 to 800mm in length masonry bit which I use with a Makita 18v hammer drill. Should I bring a transformer/generator and use a core gun with the correct attachments.

Use an sds drill and 24mm (800mm length) sds drill bit so you can sleeve your pipe, assuming itā€™s 15mm.

Sandstone is as soft as poo dont
worry as is limestone..chking

Use SDS bit but turn SDS off at least to start, as above sandstone is soft so you shouldnt need to go at it like a jack hammer. If you really need to turn it on do so after an inch or two in.

Don't know what I was worrying about. I even bought a 20mm x 1000 sds bit on the way. Quickest outside tap I've ever done. In and out in a hour. Perfect. Cheers for the advice troops.

Reply to Drilling through Sandstone in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm on a new build the boiler is in the garage. I have the option of drilling straight out with the condensate in to the stack. Or drilling through from the garage to the house to tee in to the kitchen sink waste. So it's either coring out and coming out with that black dot is.
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I was hoping someone could advise regarding the regulations around flue terminations through a 'fake' window. We have a mixed-use development with a ground floor commercial unit and residential above. To keep with the style, a 'fake' window has been installed to the rear of the...
Replies
Views
Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively sensible (!) but I just want to check the steps involved to make sure I'm not missing anything before starting. System info- Steps (I think)- 1. Turn...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, First a quick bit of background : I'm English, living in France, and renovating a 1960s house, which has pretty much needed to be stripped back to the studs, and started again. Full new electrical refit, plumbing refit, walls, ceilings &etc. It took about a year-and-a-half (as...
Replies
Views
Could someone take a look at this for me please? Just had a boiler put in our property on a grant scheme. The boiler is great other than him not cleaning the pipework including gas joints before leaving šŸ™. I've cleaned it up and it seems alright. My other main worry though was what the follow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock