Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton SM1 - timer for central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

We have a fairly new Drayton SM1 thermostat for our heating that is no longer clicking on and off as it rotates and gets to the next timer setting. It's as if it's not making enough contact to switch it from off to on.and vice versa. Noticed it for the first time the other day when it clicked on but then never went off so I was turning it to get it to go to the second time setting and click on/off there, but it never did, and never has been automatically triggered since. When I turn it, I can feel the pressure as it gets to the next setting and you can sometimes (but not always) hear a light clicking sound as it passes, but it's obviously not enough to switch on or off.

We're in the middle of winter with temperatures coming down significantly later this week so hoping for a really easy fix - any thoughts?

It's fairly new and so it's very frustrating it seems to have gone from the timer working properly to not pretty much overnight.

Thanks!

All the best,
Daniel

Reply to Drayton SM1 - timer for central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock