Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Drayton SM1 - timer for central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Daniel1

Daniel1 New Member

Hi there,

We have a fairly new Drayton SM1 thermostat for our heating that is no longer clicking on and off as it rotates and gets to the next timer setting. It's as if it's not making enough contact to switch it from off to on.and vice versa. Noticed it for the first time the other day when it clicked on but then never went off so I was turning it to get it to go to the second time setting and click on/off there, but it never did, and never has been automatically triggered since. When I turn it, I can feel the pressure as it gets to the next setting and you can sometimes (but not always) hear a light clicking sound as it passes, but it's obviously not enough to switch on or off.

We're in the middle of winter with temperatures coming down significantly later this week so hoping for a really easy fix - any thoughts?

It's fairly new and so it's very frustrating it seems to have gone from the timer working properly to not pretty much overnight.

Thanks!

All the best,
    Daniel

2. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

Hi Daniel, Apart from checking to make sure that a wire has not come loose, I don't think there is not a lot you can do with it. They come with a 12 month guarantee so if it is under 12 month old then simply return it for an exchange.

• Agree Agree x 1