Search the forum,

Discuss Draining heating system in top floor flat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hello,

I recently moved into a new property, after noticing a few of the radiators having cold spots I put a chemical cleaner into the system to run for a few weeks.

I’m unable to find a drain off at lowest point of system (laminate flooring) there is only a gate valve connected to the boiler flow pipe for draining it down partially.

What’s the best solution for when it comes to draining the cleaner out ? Do I need to drain as much as possible out from the gate valve then buy a wet vacuum to clear the rest?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Which brand and type of cleaner? Check the instructions on the pack first. These take priority over anything some guy on the internet tells you, otherwise...

If it's unfeasible to drain the system reasonably fully, just refill with water, circulate for a few minutes so any of the cleaner left in the pipework is diluted by mixing, then drain again. One of these extra rinse-cycles is probably enough, and two almost certainly is.

Don't forget to add the correct quantity of corrosion inhibitor to the last fill.

Thanks for the reply.

I added sentinel x400 which states system must be fully drained after 4 weeks maximum.

Seems like that will be the only option as not prepared to start ripping the floors up looking for drain in my new home.

I will be leaving cleaner in for another week then draining and adding sentinel x100 inhibitor and a magnaclean pro filter.

Why don’t you blow it out. Hook up a mains water connection using a radiator stabbing and make another elsewhere ...off to the bath eg.
If your putting in a mag filter put an mt cock in as well and off you go . Let us know how you get on Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Draining heating system in top floor flat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock