Discuss Double-check valve on mains boiler fill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I need to pressurise the central heating system and the mains cold water pressure is sufficient. Would a double-check valve on the branch to the boiler be considered sufficient to separate the closed heating loop from the domestic water system?

Thanks

Hi,

I need to pressurise the central heating system and the mains cold water pressure is sufficient. Would a double-check valve on the branch to the boiler be considered sufficient to separate the closed heating loop from the domestic water system?

Thanks
Permenant fixed connection between the central heating system and the drinking water is not advisable. A filling loop is the correct way to Join the two.
Or look at An MFD from Flowflex which is an intelligent filling loop. Rob Foster

Permenant fixed connection between the central heating system and the drinking water is not advisable. A filling loop is the correct way to Join the two.
Or look at An MFD from Flowflex which is an intelligent filling loop. Rob Foster

More than not advisable. Not allowed.

More than not advisable. Not allowed.
Not allowed ...water regulations are not part of law. The are a set of sensible recommendations concerning the installation and operation of water systems to protect he drinking water supply. It is advisable to comply with water regulations especially if contravening a regulation does result in injury or illness then crninal and civil law will use the water regulations as a yardstick by which to prosecute. New work must comply under building regulations. Many parts legally on sale in uk are not wras approved

Wras water regulations advisory service. There are few if any prosecutions in the water sector. Gas Is different . I believe Wras should have more powers . Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Not allowed ...water regulations are not part of law. The are a set of sensible recommendations concerning the installation and operation of water systems to protect he drinking water supply. It is advisable to comply with water regulations especially if contravening a regulation does result in injury or illness then crninal and civil law will use the water regulations as a yardstick by which to prosecute. New work must comply under building regulations. Many parts legally on sale in uk are not wras approved

they are if you not to regs they will cut your water off as your at risk of contaminating there supply and putting other ask risk

This is rarely applied to domestic property but is more heavily enforced in industrial
Contraventions . I do not see why all plumbers should not be licensed like gas fitters and diy work outlawed

Reply to Double-check valve on mains boiler fill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back