Search the forum,

Discuss Domestic or commercial? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pnhsolutions

Was called to a hairdressers today to a faulty boiler! <70kw
The boiler was situated in the shop but ran the flat above as well!
Is this classed as a domestic appliance?
I am fully domestic qualified but not commercial!
Please advise!

domestic, from what I understand of commercial boilers (which i admit is very little) they do have some extra safety devices not found in domestic boilers.

domestic or commercial classification is based on boiler output not where the appliance is situated. i had to ring corgi to find out what size boiler i was allowed to work on for a job a a while ago. problem is i cant remember what the answer was or what job it was! ring them tomorrow and ask.

I have researched and it is all based on appliance sizing <70 kw DOMESTIC

AYE, but i think you'll find its commercial premisis flat above is a commercial aspect. check your insurance too.
put them out of business and it will cost way more than £2m.???????????

domestic boiler are classed less than 70 kw - so ifts 69 or less you can work on it.

Commercial boilers are classed from 70kw to 1.8megawatt (bloody massive)

then above that you are looking at industrial boilers

just because it is in a hairdresser doesnt mean its commercial

It is in a commercial property and i believed that you needed a different ticket to work on it, I called the trusty corgi technical department and yes it is in a commercial property but it is a domestic appliance according to its size!
I have now raised the question at my current employers as to why are commercially qualified engineers servicing boilers <70 kw but they are situated in schools,offices and other commercial,industrial premises to be told ' Thats what we've always done!' So i am keeping my nose out!

Yes it is classed as commercial regardless of if the boiler input is above or below 70kw. I had the conversation with Corgi as to why I never notify my gas work. I only work on commercial heating thats why even under 70Kw. Another thing is when my Corgi inspection comes up The guys who test me have no idea how a lpg 600kw forced draught boiler works. Redsaw is spot on when checking your insurance even covers such a installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Domestic or commercial? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock