Search the forum,

Discuss Doing a Technical Certificate level 2 and hoping to find some experience in W Yorks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MattyW

Im currently doing my Technical Certificate Level 2 at Castleford Skills XChange and I'm hoping to find someone in the local area who is looking for a labourer, or trainee, so I can get site experience and upgrade to an NVQ Level 2 with the site visits required.
I have experience working as a bathroom fitter and also previously started an air conditioning apprenticeship before the companies local branch went bump.

I would be happy with any experience I can get my hands on, but of course would ideally be looking for a company that was looking for a trainee they would want to keep on as a plumber when qualified.

I'm paying my own way through the course and have my own basic tools if required (Cutters, adjustable, torch, and standard handtools) If anyone is looking for a strong lad with a good head on his shoulders in the local area I would be very happy to give you a ring or get in contact some way with you.

*I originally posted this in the Plumbing Course forum but then realised not many non-trainee plumber would be looking in there so hope its ok re-posting it here!* :)

Re: Doing a Technical Certificate level 2 and hoping to find some experience in W Yor

good pitch, all the right bits in it, if you haven't already - post this (don't pad it out much more, plumbers are busy people, maybe end it with "cv and refs available on request") and post it to every plumber in a 20 mile radius. good luck!

Re: Doing a Technical Certificate level 2 and hoping to find some experience in W Yor

Thanks WaterTight, I have rung quite a lot of the Wakefield plumbers, and always write down a new number when I see it on the van.
Unfortunately anyone who isnt struggling and cant afford a trainee, has had their hands burnt by lads getting trained up and setting up as competition. Makes it hard work for someone not looking to do that!

Bump :)

Now the holidays are out the way is anyone looking for a trainee?

Thanks WaterTight, I have rung quite a lot of the Wakefield plumbers, and always write down a new number when I see it on the van.
Unfortunately anyone who isnt struggling and cant afford a trainee, has had their hands burnt by lads getting trained up and setting up as competition. Makes it hard work for someone not looking to do that!

i think the competition thing is being overplayed as an excuse either not to take trainees or for trainees not being able to get expeirence

Just a quick *bump* to see if anyones looking, hope no one minds. I am still actively looking for work, although I am fulltime employed in another job at the moment (I have been for the last 4 years). My City & Guilds Plumbing course is going well, all exams passed so far with good marks etc. Really enjoying it, just very frustrated by how hard it is to find someone whos looking for a trainee. :D
Anyone out there?

Have you written to everyone in your area? And if so how long ago? Might be time for another nudge. Keep at it. Remind them briefly in your next letter that you have written before, that will sound like you're dedicated.

Just a quick *bump* to see if anyones looking, hope no one minds. I am still actively looking for work, although I am fulltime employed in another job at the moment (I have been for the last 4 years). My City & Guilds Plumbing course is going well, all exams passed so far with good marks etc. Really enjoying it, just very frustrated by how hard it is to find someone whos looking for a trainee. :D
Anyone out there?

I know, its tough out there! Im in the same position, well I've just finished my two year course and have sent letters and cvs out and had no replies.....

The firm I work for in Leeds have a couple of trainees.You could give them a try.T.M.West plumbing.We just let one aprentice go,so there may be a gap.

I contacted them on the day you posted this, they said they have already filled the position unfortunately, I really appreiciate the help though thanks very much mate, just a shame I was too late.

have you picked anything up?

No still looking. I had a guy who took me out and I used some of my holidays from work, but he says his works died off now, he was saying before that he hoped to take me on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Doing a Technical Certificate level 2 and hoping to find some experience in W Yorks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello i have completed my level 2 plumbing course and looking for experience to gain in London i will work less or free just for the skill in plumbing
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was the only course my local college offered, but i've just found out they're now also offering Level 3 Plumbing and Heating. Does anyone have any advice...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you are all well. My name is Henry and I am Dorset based, and looking to get into the Plumbing trade. I will have completed my Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing in August this year, and have already signed on to the Level 2 NVQ as well as my Unvented and Water Regs certs, to start after...
Replies
Views
Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2. Access training are offering an assessment package for £1500, which is competitive, but I am now nervous given the reviews I have seen on here. I am...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m 31 years old hard working and always try to produce quality work. I’ve just finished my level 2 diploma in Plumbing at Leeds college for building. I want to sign up to the NVQ L2 course but need a plumber to work with. I have my own Van and some tools. If there is anyone in the Leeds...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock