Search the forum,

Discuss Does this smell fishy??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
got a call Friday from a woman. Building an extension, wants a new boiler and pipework

Ok I can call in Monday and have a look.

She says that should be fine, builder should be there but will text you to confirm.

Get a message today all fine for Monday

She was very vague about it all so I google her name and number

Pops up with her advertising jobs for labourers, builders

And a link to a building, loft conversion, bathroom, heating company.

She never mentioned this and I just assumed it was her house being extended but I'm thinking she is doing the job and subbing all bits out.

Just keep your eyes open and note down everything

If it`s more than five minutes out of your way home I wouldn`t bother tbh.

Personally Id give her a call and ask her to expand. Your instincts are DEF to be listened to. They do not let you down

Done a bit more googling
Seems like she is the office person, they have a salesman and a builder.

Just weird why she wouldn't mention it

Because it puts people off.

Not half as much as being evasive.

Like when you get a call from some random sales pitcher and they say "Hi I'm calling from RandomChancersLimitedSaidSoQuicklyWeHopeYouDon'tClockTheNameMeansZeroToYou ...How are you?"

Like the "How are you?" is going to disarm you and you'll forget to ask what you immediately ask anyway which is, "I'm sorry you're from what?"

And then they repeat they are from RandomDataHarvestingColdCallingTosspotsForHire and you say you don't want any and hang up.

To me, the only issue with that is that approach harms all of us as customers tar us all with the same brush. IMHO it is better to simply say, "Sorry I'm stacked for 9 mths".
No!
Never customers. I was talking about the cold call, sales, take a slice of my pie people. I am never rude to customers.

Reply to Does this smell fishy??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock