Search the forum,

Discuss Do you need a hand? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

Hi all,

I live in Buckinghamshire but am looking to move to west london in the next year,

I am asking all plumbers in the west/ north london and Buckinghamshire area if they are willing to take on a 25year old Plumbers mate,

I know this forum is full of people asking for apprenticeships but I am not asking for training or apprenticeships.

I am looking for a plumber who is willing to take me on at a cost of £100 per day.

I will do any work, from fetching tools from the van, to fitting pipes or even little maintenance jobs on my own.

I currently have the NVQ2 (From training centre) and Technical Certificate Level 2 (from Aylesbury College). I have got my JIB-PMES card and I am very hard working.

Now the only restriction is that I do not know much about advanced systems, so obviously could not be left alone to do water heaters, unvented cylinders, Boilers, Gas work, Electrical work or any other such items.

But I would be able to do tidy joints, runs, toilets, bathrooms and all basic plumbing. I am looking to further my training but I am willing to do this on my own back and get myself through what is needed.

I have a van full of tools that will be at your disposal and I am always filling up flux, solder, i.e. so no need to buy any of these sort of things. hence why asking for £100 per day.

If you have a few days work or even if you are willing to take me on full time, please feel free to contact me.

jase to be honest mate i don't think anyone will be willing to "take you on" at £100 per day to do basic plumbing. i reality there isn't the work for most of us working on our own let alone taking someone on. you could probably earn that amount if you went self employed.

But if somebody was busy, I could do the maintenance jobs they get in or even just help out and they could charge £150-£200 for me.

I am not going to turn around and say work for free as I have a family to support and I can not afford to work for free.

I have tried self employed and not interested, too much paper work and sorting out finances, I would rather leave that to people who know what they are doing, I want to concentrate on plumbing rather then all the admin.

Dubai?

It's been a while since I earned £200 in a day from my self employment.

We'd all love to concentrate on nothing but plumbing. If you find a job paying £500 guaranteed a week let me know, i'll do it and I can fit all the things you say you can't.
You'll never find employment at £500 a week.

£100 a day as a mate? You been on the glue?

No, I am willing to work 12-13 hour days if needed, and I can do a lot of things without supervision so not just a plumbers mate but a member of staff too,

If a tradesman is on £200 a day after expenses then your asking to be his partner but he finds the work.

I can certainly appreciate your predicament though.

Your a plumbers mate aka 'labourer' fetch carry lift floor boards etc . would never have a mate doing any other . like i said my mate makes rads up hangs them , toilets bathrooms etc and never asked for more than £20 a day

No, I am willing to work 12-13 hour days if needed, and I can do a lot of things without supervision so not just a plumbers mate but a member of staff too,

I'm sure you can do more than the things you listed but a second year apprentice can do all that for minimum wage.
Your only hope of earning anything like that wage is self employed.

Hi all,

I live in Buckinghamshire but am looking to move to west london in the next year,

I am asking all plumbers in the west/ north london and Buckinghamshire area if they are willing to take on a 25year old Plumbers mate,

I know this forum is full of people asking for apprenticeships but I am not asking for training or apprenticeships.

I am looking for a plumber who is willing to take me on at a cost of £100 per day.

I will do any work, from fetching tools from the van, to fitting pipes or even little maintenance jobs on my own.

I currently have the NVQ2 (From training centre) and Technical Certificate Level 2 (from Aylesbury College). I have got my JIB-PMES card and I am very hard working.

Now the only restriction is that I do not know much about advanced systems, so obviously could not be left alone to do water heaters, unvented cylinders, Boilers, Gas work, Electrical work or any other such items.

But I would be able to do tidy joints, runs, toilets, bathrooms and all basic plumbing. I am looking to further my training but I am willing to do this on my own back and get myself through what is needed.

I have a van full of tools that will be at your disposal and I am always filling up flux, solder, i.e. so no need to buy any of these sort of things. hence why asking for £100 per day.

If you have a few days work or even if you are willing to take me on full time, please feel free to contact me.

for someone whos been around a while fella am suprised youve put this post.

ps you forgot to mention your sense of humour

good luck though

Those job listins are for GSR. Taking the first link as an example you can't expect to earn just £12 a day less than a GSR for basic plumbing work.

Im not interested in admin and paperwork either but i have to do it to run my business feed the family etc.

if there local and in your pay range why not apply for them?

I will be, but using all my options.

I am quite surprised at the animosity towards people getting in the trade.

Why is it that everybody is stealing your work, undercutting you and making a mockery of the system yet when somebody wants to offer you there services you don't want to take it up.

Think about it, you are still paying the advertising, the same amount of diesel, the same amount of everything, but you can take on some of those jobs you never want to take on like toilets or bath taps i.e. get paid for it and have no other outlay.

There would be no diesel costs, no flux, solder, gas bottles or anything of the such. so you could charge £150-£200 a day for my services and pay me £100 per day.

If you took on an apprentice for £20 per day you have to pay fuel to pick him/ her up, pay for the extra materials when they mess up, spend time teaching them and then spend time fixing their mistakes.

I work with a plumber when work is available, doing basic plumbing, odd jobs, gardening in summer and get £6.50p/hr, which I relive is very reasonable for what I do, he takes me to jobs, lunch etc... It's spot on! I have my own van etc too... But if I said to him pay me £100 a day he'd think I was mad if I expecting constant work!

Your only hope is that every now and then a big job comes up where they need a hand! But 1. £100 a day will be lucky 2. They are going to often use people they know!

Good luck, but as previous said, you might be better off going through tr admin hell

so ye want £500 a week and then theres tax ,insurance plus if ye work satudays i dont get that jase mate and am gas safe etc think you in the clouds mate most no doing the same as you get £50-£60 if the works there or £150 to £200 a week to help out granted you got a family and have to earn but going of ye quals mate i recone youll be lucky to get £250 mate

What about liability insurance, tax, (or CIS). Put yourself in our shoes, what would happen if you burnt someones house down when soldering a bit of pipe, or flooded out a bathroom and brought the ceiling down on the room below?
If you want to earn £100 a day either go self employed or find another trade mate. No-one will pay you that rate for the job you are wanting to do.

I was fully qualified doing boiler install and breakdown working what ever hours were required and I was earning the grand total of

£200 A WEEK

Id like to add that the plumbers mate job advertised at £10 an hour is for one day's work too.

Honestly there are few people these days who are so busy that they're regularly turning away £200 worth of work a day. Those in that fortunate position would be busy because they've been at it a while and are good running their business. As such they'd have taken on an apprentice as their work load increased.

Your only hope is to either sub for cheaper than a PAYE employee would cost or find a job.

I will be, but using all my options.

I am quite surprised at the animosity towards people getting in the trade.

Why is it that everybody is stealing your work, undercutting you and making a mockery of the system yet when somebody wants to offer you there services you don't want to take it up.

Think about it, you are still paying the advertising, the same amount of diesel, the same amount of everything, but you can take on some of those jobs you never want to take on like toilets or bath taps i.e. get paid for it and have no other outlay.

There would be no diesel costs, no flux, solder, gas bottles or anything of the such. so you could charge £150-£200 a day for my services and pay me £100 per day.

If you took on an apprentice for £20 per day you have to pay fuel to pick him/ her up, pay for the extra materials when they mess up, spend time teaching them and then spend time fixing their mistakes.

There is no animosity and it's not the way to go using the 'worlds against me'. They're are fully qualified plumbers out there working for less than that.

You offered your services and people have replied with honesty. They have simply expressed their belief that you are selling your services at too high a price, something to which I agree.

There is no animosity and it's not the way to go using the 'worlds against me'. They're are fully qualified plumbers out there working for less than that.

You offered your services and people have replied with honesty. They have simply expressed their belief that you are selling your services at too high a price, something to which I agree.

some big words there for a sunday simon , very deep too. you ok mate

when I get taken out on a day rate with the company i sub to, they pay me £100 a day, I pay my plumbers mate £40 a day when hes out with me when I'm subbing.

I'm a GSR Engineer with my own van, £100 a day is not ideal when I take away tax and the £10-15 diesel and traveling time, but there is not much out there.

these were examples of people earning £100 a day and above.
Wet Plumbers jobs are being advertised for similar prices

Why didn't you put these up

IMO you are lucky if you can get £40 a day

Animosity = people having a go at me for being realistic about what i want, because they don't agree with it.

I offered my services, not opened the thread up to people to have a go at me, I asked if anybody had work instead i was met with rudeness and people disagreeing with what i want.

if you do not have a job vacancy then why reply?

Sorry jase but I think you're being unrealistic. £100 a day is approx £25000 a year, I could employ someone with all their tickets & quals for that.

I wish you luck anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do you need a hand? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock