Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need to renew the plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
I am currently rewiring my house, so all of the ceilings are down and the pipes are all exposed. I’m in two minds whether to redo the plumbing while the ceilings are down, I’ve not seen this way of plumbing a house before. Does anyone know how reliable this pipe work is? I don’t want to replaster the ceiling and then find out I’ve got a leak.
Thank you.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

How old is the pipework? Is there any green/blue coloured staining on the pipe work.

There is nothing wrong with microbore pipework as long as it has been looked after.

But to me i would say if its say a 20 year old system and you intend on staying then why not renew the system. Problem you have is from below you are looking at it being re piped as another microbore system or will have to go for plastic.

There is quite a bit of blue and green staining throughout the pipe work, though could that just be a build up of excess flux?

I’ve only just moved into the house so I’m not sure as to how old the pipe work is, the house was build it 1970’s and judging by the state of the electrical work the previous owners haven’t renewed anything.

I’ve heard good and bad things about plastic push connections, are they reliable enough if it’s had a pressure test?

Thanks for getting back

It is a sealed system, although I can’t pressurise it at the moment due to the boiler leaking from underneath when I open the valve, I was going to stick that on another thread for some answers.

I would renew if you can afford it since all the ceilings are down

Or at the min some new rads swap from the dual entry trvs

Hello,
I am currently rewiring my house, so all of the ceilings are down and the pipes are all exposed. I’m in two minds whether to redo the plumbing while the ceilings are down, I’ve not seen this way of plumbing a house before. Does anyone know how reliable this pipe work is? I don’t want to replaster the ceiling and then find out I’ve got a leak.
Thank you.

View attachment 39073

View attachment 39074

View attachment 39075
While its open like that, really give it plenty of pressure and leave a test on for 24 hours to see if there is a drop and any naughty leaks show up. Wack it up,to full mains pressure, note pressure and go back and see.
then lets know. Rob Foster aka centralheatking

While its open like that, really give it plenty of pressure and leave a test on for 24 hours to see if there is a drop and any naughty leaks show up. Wack it up,to full mains pressure, note pressure and go back and see.
then lets know. Rob Foster aka centralheatking
I am unable to increase the pressure at the moment as i have a leak coming from the bottom of the boiler once the pressure valve has been opened. I am having this looked at on the weekend hopefully.

Reply to Do I need to renew the plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock