Search the forum,

Discuss Do I have to go with maker's approved engineer to keep warranty active? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-year old boiler... will my 7-year warranty be affected if I switch the annual service to a plumber other than the installer? We're looking at another local small-business man who is on the Gas Safe list and 'ticks all the right boxes', but is not on the maker's list.

Your fine aslong as it a manufacturer warrenty

And he's qualified and your boiler gets serviced every year

Make sure you get a service sheet and/or the back of the book filled in.
Cheapest isn't always best!!
Why are you switching?

Benchmark service record usually in the back of the installation manual must be filled in when serviced by the Gas Safe engineer.

He hasn't actually said anything yet, but we suspect our present man may be preparing for retirement, and we want to be prepared :)

Thanks for the reassurance.

You will be fine as long as its serviced every year and it is recorded in the manual . cheers kop

What boiler is it?
Some require parts/more in depth service at certain intervals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do I have to go with maker's approved engineer to keep warranty active? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock