Search the forum,

Discuss Diverter valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matty A

Just a quicky
The other day my inlaws had no hot water so they called someone in who told them it was the diverter valve that needed replacing.They got a quote for £190 inc new valve they said it was gonna take 2 hours at £60 an hour and the part was £70 so i went to the plumbers merchants where i get my gear from and got a valve for £35 and i have changed it myself.
Now the problem i have is i drained the system and changed the valves over,i put the new valve in the exact way the old one came out ie Port A to Port A and Port B to Port B and i wired it in the same as the wires on both valves were both the same.

I have filled the system back up and bled the rads but the pump from the boiler is constantly running is there owt i can do?:confused::confused::confused:

Cheers
Mat

Sorry no one seems to have an answer for you matty, did you get it sorted?

kinda
Maybe you can help me
When i boost the hot water sys when the heating is on the radiators go off downstairs this is when the pump is on setting 1 if i turn pump upto number 2 it is all working ok BUT the pump is so noisey i was wondering if there could be air in the cylinder is this possible if so how do i bleed it????

HELP
cheers

Mat

Not sure if it's air but if you have a hot water cylinder there will be a bleed valve next to it on a vertical pipe coming from the heating pipe work!

yes there is i thought that was just to drain down to a certain level for maintenance works think ill try that cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diverter valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock