Search the forum,

Discuss Dishwasher fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jsmithy1

Hello I am a total layman. I moved in to a new house. There is some pipework in the kitchen which I'm hoping will allow a dishwasher to be plumbed in. See the attachment (ignoring the radiator obviously) - is this for a dishwasher? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20150326_211228743.jpg
    IMG_20150326_211228743.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 77
Jsmithy1 welcome to UKPF, yes that's for either a washing machine or dishwasher. Do you still have the grey plastic u bend?

This needs to go into the standpipe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 78
Don't think I do have that but I will have a look or buy a new one if not.

thanks for your help. that is a result!

Are there any issues with the proximity of the radiator?

The valve you can see in the picture on the radiator is the TRV which shuts the radiator off once set tempriture is reached so if you put your dishwasher up tight to it you might find the radiator going cold when the rooms still not warm, i'd leave as much room between them possible

Hi One last thing - does the grey plastic u bend thing have a name? I can't find it on DIY shop websites or ebay...

It could be the water feed to your dishwasher but have you cracked it slightly open to see if water comes out before you start planning where the outlet is going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dishwasher fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock