Search the forum,

Discuss Direct hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

When fitting a vented direct hot water cylinder, does it matter which side the cold feed goes into as long as it is one of the bottom connections?

If you mean the flow from the cwsc then it should connect to the bottom of the cylinder, to create push for the hot water draw off at top, the other holes will be direct flow and return to and from boiler.

There’s a connection for secondary return halfway up the cylinder which I blanked then 2 at the bottom, the cylinder is taking a long time to fill which is why I’m wondering if it can be done wrong

Top entry immersion. Over half an hour, when hot water is drawn off at the taps it runs out in seconds. Is it possible for cold feed to be air locked

Possible can’t work out multiple entries to the cylinder though. Maybe a picture

Is this existing or recently installed?
Is there a gate valve anywhere on the feed from the tank?
Where is the Storage tank,, height relative to cylinder?
Is the vent vertical to storage tank or any horizontal runs?
Same with cold feed to cylinder, what's the run from the storage tank like?

It’s a replacement just installed. The gate valve is opening fully. The storage is in the attic but there is about a 3 metre horizontal run before it drops down to the cylinder. The vent goes straight up through the roof

Reply to Direct hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock