Search the forum,

Discuss dimensions in plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SPlumbing

ive been on a plumbing course for 9 weeks now and have not got a clue to do dimensions yet and is required alot for the practical side of it, basicly i need someone to give me abit of help just a short reply of the basics of it and some ways to practice at home, tutor has explained to me but to be honest he isnt very good at teaching and i'm not the brightest of 17 year olds i just need abit more help on it but i know im not the only one in the class. mabye a link to a site that might help me, ta

hi and welcome.

36-24-36 are one of the best dimensions to follow. you can go larger from the start but may find a bit of a handful at first.

to be honest i was 18 untill i got into it and was able to experiment a bit more legally.
however, dont try to run until you can walk and go with the flow i am sure it will pan out for you.

are you on about measuring? centre to end and all that?
basically, the only constant when measuring a pipe is the centre, the sides or ends will differ with the NB, nominal bore or pipe diameter, so we always use the centre when measuring, you just got to knock off a small amount when sticking pipe into a fitting, this u got to measure mate
hope this helps

what if you are doing it on a paper drawing with a set of measurements on it and you can't use any pipes to measure it and you have to do it in your head, if you understand what im talking about please give me an example on how to do it that way, thanks 4 earlier post

well its not possible unless you have previously measuered the depth the pipe goes into the fitting. if your using the same size pipe and same type of fitting it will be the same depth. so you need 1 measurement to start the calcs, in your head or otherwise

thanks by the way for replying back, i'm pretty sure ive got the theory of it thanks to u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dimensions in plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Could someone help please. I live in an old house and I'm refurbishin the bathroom, the mains water connection is an odd size and need to convert to 15mm pipe. I have tried 22mm pipe too big and tried 20mm pipe too small, I have been reading up and I think it's 3/4 imperial pipe so about...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in 2011. The first thing I done after secondary school was gain my Domestic Plumbing and Heating City and Guilds Level 2 and then 3 at college. However...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
I know very little about plumbing, so I'm not even sure what to ask for and I may use the wrong descriptions of items, so apologies if so. I've done some searching online, but not entirely sure what I need to get. I recently moved into a house that has a gas outlet on the deck. I bought a...
Replies
Views
Hi all hope all is well I am 24 with a NVQ L1 & L2 in plumbing, I wanted to further my skills and become gas safe, I have started college and have completed all my theory and practical in class and I have hit a brick wall. I had someone that was gas registered and now has had something come up...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock