Search the forum,

Discuss Difference between thermostatic and pressure compensating shower valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm a level two trainee and wondered if there is any difference please? Not sure where I would source a pressure compensating shower valve from I. e. to install on a combi boiler system?

Grateful for any insight please or are these the same the same thing?

Cheers guys

Thermostatic mixes hot and cold to maintain a steady temperature. Usually on balanced pressures; some will run with gravity hot, mains cold and MIs only recommend without stipulating balanced pressures.

Prsssure compensating shower: could this be referring to the venturi type that uses the cold's pressure to boost the hot pressure and is specifically designed for mains cold, gravity hot? Never seen one outside of a textbook and no idea where I would buy one from.

Thermostatic mixes hot and cold to maintain a steady temperature. Usually on balanced pressures; some will run with gravity hot, mains cold and MIs only recommend without stipulating balanced pressures.

Prsssure compensating shower: could this be referring to the venturi type that uses the cold's pressure to boost the hot pressure and is specifically designed for mains cold, gravity hot? Never seen one outside of a textbook and no idea where I would buy one from.

Thanks mate so am I OK to use a thermostatic shower valve on a combi boiler system?

The Mira 415 was a pressure balanced shower. Looking on Mira website looks like it may have last been produced in 2016 but not sure.
The pressure compensating was to cope with combi modulating not to balance unequal supplies

Aqualisa shower suitable for a combi boiler supply are good.

Manufactures often supply a flow restrictor to be fitted into the cold port of the shower valve to control the amount of cold water entering. This is less of a problem now the flow rates from shower has been reduced, this maybe why they have been discontinued.

I'm a level two trainee and wondered if there is any difference please? Not sure where I would source a pressure compensating shower valve from I. e. to install on a combi boiler system?

Grateful for any insight please or are these the same the same thing?

Cheers guys
Hi Mira make a shower called a combi force 415 valve, this is a pressure balancing valve and not thermostatic, you can find it on there web site

Reply to Difference between thermostatic and pressure compensating shower valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock