Search the forum,

Discuss Did I get ripped off? - Shower mixer replacement by local plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Is it stud walls? Can you remove a bath panel? Are the hot and cold fed from under the bath? Potentially you could fish pipes up from under the bath through the wall without taking tiles off the wall.

Right guys, so I just spoke to the plumber and he explained his reason for not installing the shrouds so I hope this clears the judgement for you guys to determine whether his reasons was legitimate or not for leaving the tap in that state.

He said the reason for not installing the shrouds is because we have flexi pipes installed behind the tiles. He said if he were to install the shrouds then he would've needed to pull out the flexi pipes out of the wall which meant the tap would've dangled after he screws on the shower mixer to the pipes. So instead he left the flexi pipes in the same position as before and screwed the shower mixer directly onto it meaning there was a lack of space for the shrouds to fit but the new tap would hold firmly into place.

He also said in order to install the shrouds he would need to strip off the bathroom tiles and install copper pipes instead making the job bigger.

The key thing he mentioned is that flexi pipes were able to be pulled out the wall, surely there could've been a way around it using shower mixer valve fitting kit to hold it in place?

If not then I'm sorry to waste everyone's time on this forum and for pointing fingers at a blameless plumber.

Much thanks

Wow. Faith in humanity restored.

Until I have to work for another landlord.

A talon pipe collar (various sizes - Toolstation) would tidy that up and can be retro fitted...

19479.jpg

Firstly whoever did That is not a tradesman.

Secondly if you know it's going to look that pants you either 1) refuse to fit it or say you need to do extra work or arrange to get the identical tap. 2) get the customer to agree to it before you do it.
First sensible answer i have read to this issue.
I employ workers to do various trade work and find that in general they have a very high opinion of there value.
The quality of work is just passable.
I pay good money for a good job , is that to much to expect ?
From most replys i feel that the workers attitude to the customer is 'just be gratefull we condesended to work for you'

Why re open a thread that was put to bed in April or are you the troll you mentioned in another one of your waste of time posts?

Reply to Did I get ripped off? - Shower mixer replacement by local plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock