Search the forum,

Discuss Diagnosis Myson Orion 40si boiler misbehaving...please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our trusty old Myson Orion 40si has been misbehaving recently and now has thrown its toys out the pram.
I'm looking for advice from this symptom. ( not using CH much right now)
Ask for hot water, boiler will fire up from cold, run for about 2.5 mins then shut down. Won't fire up again until cold.
Got a heating engineer in for 15 min , tried to sell me new boiler and had no interest in diagnosing the fault, said the fan sounded suspect so I removed it and the impeller is running smoothly so doubt it's that ( but what do I know !!)
So I'm looking for advice re this sort of behaviour , it seemed to be intermittent a month ago but now this is the situation, fires up, stops, won't retire until cold.

sorry to say put everything back together and stop messing inside as your not gas safe registered

have you looked at the pump?

Agree with @ShaunCorbs with leaving your boiler alone as not being gas safe registered. Have you checked the programmer, pump, cylinder thermostat, zone valve? Have you got hot water and it’s actually to temperature and doing it’s job?

Thanks for the quick replies
Yep I am not gas registered , so no way will I interfere with the gas side of the boiler, but removing two 8mm nuts and a 5 pin plug to get the fan out is not rocket science .
First thing I did was suspect the pump, I'd fitted a Grundfos about 18 yr ago so replaced it with a newish Alpha 2 model when the problems started.
Is it likely the gas valve solenoids are faulty?

closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diagnosis Myson Orion 40si boiler misbehaving...please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock