Search the forum,

Discuss dhw&cold pipes below UFH insulation & screed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aga memnon

Hi new to forum, can any one see a problem running 15mm polyfit
Dhw &cold pipes in conduit (with>50mm separation gap)in chase in slab, then covered with 75mm insulation and ufh pipes and screed on top. Thinking is put in chase to keep cold water pipes from warming from ufh pipes. Would be easier to put in 2 metre chase than run up walls and snake about 20 metres. (to involved to explain layout that requires this). Many thanks for any replies in advance.

if its insulated and doesnt touch the screed/ concrete your fine

Many thanks for the quick reply, yes will wrap pipe in pipe in climaflex.

or if you can pipe and insulation inside a pipe like below but add insulation

Flair-It_corrugated_sleeve.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dhw&cold pipes below UFH insulation & screed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Hi, I need some advice on what wet UFH system to get for our renovation of a 1970s 3 bed bungalow. The house had subsidence so in the process of fixing that the floors were dug up and replaced with the following construction: hardcore base, membrane, 150mm insulation, concrete finish...
Replies
Views
I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently knocked through from our kitchen to a new extension to create an opening. Various things have been moved from the wall that was knocked through, including...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 5 bed house with underfloor heating on all 3 floors.I also have converted attic. UFH was installed in year 2000. I want to put low temp rads in attic (it currently has no heating!) and feed water from UFH on floor below. Question 1: Is this a sensible approach? Question 2: Is this...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, please see my attached diagrams One is the current layout And one is where I propose to add another boss to add a shower waste. This horizontal run is below floorboards but I can't get to the TEE or under the tee to add a boss vertically. ( the current Bath is bossed way in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock