Search the forum,

Discuss Dewalt tough system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rickster123

The time has cone to upgrade my tools and storage. I'm looking at the dewalt tough system. Does anyone have one they can review for me?? I need to convince my dearly beloved that it's value for money!
thanks in advance
APP

Hi AP have got ds150 with the organiser pots as a screwbox, ds150 with combi drill and impact driver then the ds300 & 400 to, think there brill they all interlock really strong box and would recommend but the bigger to get quite heavy quickly

Last edited:
Do it. You will not regret it!

I've got the DS400, whch contains 240V angle grinder, 240V multitool, cordless SDS and drill driver. DS300 contains hand tools. 2 x DS150 - one containing service tools except FGA and multimeter, second one contains a piece of antistatic foam, with cutouts for FGA and multimeter.

I also got the trolley, held in place in the van with wooden chocks, and the boxes clamp onto the trolley. Great system and the trolley is useful for carrying heavy cast iron boilers etc.

Hello i have just bought a few of the Systainer boxes, expensive but worth it.

Dont buy the one with the drawers cant remember the name of it but rubbish one of drawers broke in the first week i had it tough my arse. Got the other stuff jig saw circ saw drills angle grinder along with the tough boxes they are good the trolley is useless for domestic as it wont fit through a standard door.

Ive got all my cordless drills and drill bits in a ds300 I think, really good value for money takes the weight takes a beating

Either the dude is small or the tough system is quite large.

[video=youtube;M13Zgeyj_pE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421828030&x-yt-cl=84411374&v=M13Zgeyj_pE[/video]

Last edited:
Just bought a load of desalt tools that come in these.

very solid boxes, bit heavy but I'd be surprised if they didn't last a long while.

I've got the ds300 and I can get my cordless cir, rip, sds, drill and impact all inside with 4 batts at a squeeze. Very strong box, nice to sit on to.

I've got the 5ah drills in a toughbox. What's the airvalve all about on the box!?

Thanks all. I've taken the plunge and ordered the three boxes and trolley!

Speaking of weather-resistance, check out that water seal! The case is rated to IP65 standards, meaning that it is completely dust-proof and can withstand water jets. A relief valve is built into the lid in case a pressure differential makes the lid difficult to open.

Taken from a review page.

I've ordered a couple and there's free delivery over £30.

The Dewalt trolley looks a bit much for my needs, might just bolt on a couple of casters and see if I can drag 'em around like luggage.

Finally my boxes and trolley arrived today. Sweet Jesus it's enormous! I can hardly move the thing and it's empty!

image.jpg

Here you go dancin!

This system is brilliant just a shame the dealt tools are lacking behind the milwaukee and makita tools. Although I have to say I'm seeing an increase in dewalt tools on site. But my 4year old makita combi drill still out performs one of our fitters new dewalt combi drills

We'll the boxes and trolley still haven't been used. It's sitting in my dining room because it's just too big for the new van I'm driving. So I'm thinking of selling them on. Thought I'd see if there's any interest on here before ebay. It would be collection only from fareham.

Just went back to photo #31, bet Kates been happy dusting that! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dewalt tough system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock