Search the forum,

Discuss Dewalt brushless combi drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Weyside minion

I'm thinking of buying the Dewalt 18v 4ah brushless combi drill as my standard one with brushes has died on me due to the battery not sitting in place properly to stay on while using. Can anyone tell me if they have noticed an improvement using the brushless and if it's worth the extra money. Thanks.

I borrowed one yesterday from a wood butcher. And I have to say I was well impressed with the speed of the thing it's the first thing default have ever made that's impressed me

Who informed you that the battery not sitting in the correct position caused the drill to die.

Sounds like a 'fob off' excuse to me.
I would dig deeper or change brands if this was said to me

^^^^+1 excellent comment

The red men make no effort at excuses they just don't have to. If it breaks they fix or replace. Unlike yellow muppets

Not hearing good things about the Milwaukee fuel combo drill though

Mines awesome ,

There you go you just heard a good thing about the fuel combo

Who informed you that the battery not sitting in the correct position caused the drill to die.

Sounds like a 'fob off' excuse to me.
I would dig deeper or change brands if this was said to me

It's not what I've been told it is what is happening. Every time I use it I have to hold the battery in the right position so it stays on. If I don't hold it the vibration from drilling shakes the battery loose enough that the motor slows to a stop. It's not the battery as I've tried them in other drills and they work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cotton buds and nail varnish remover. Clean the contacts on drill and battery

Combi drill is like a Combi boiler , middle of the road. It drills fine screws fine but it's not a sds drill .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dewalt brushless combi drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock