Search the forum,

Discuss dewalt 36 volt sds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ajh_89

Hi,

Looking for some feedback and reviews on 36v cordless sds drills if anyone uses them? lot of money to splash out...

cheers

it depends on what your expecting tbh. The new dewalt i am unsure off but the old model was disappointing for those i know who brought it.

Bosch make the best cordless sds drills for the money and they have a new version of the 36v sds coming out in a few months which will be really good.

the milwaukee is very good but with an 18v batt it will not run long on one batt, the fuel 28v will be alot better with its 5ah batts. Again it all depends on what you expect to use it for.

what are you going to be drilling? sizes and materials?

it depends on what your expecting tbh. The new dewalt i am unsure off but the old model was disappointing for those i know who brought it.

Bosch make the best cordless sds drills for the money and they have a new version of the 36v sds coming out in a few months which will be really good.

the milwaukee is very good but with an 18v batt it will not run long on one batt, the fuel 28v will be alot better with its 5ah batts. Again it all depends on what you expect to use it for.

what are you going to be drilling? sizes and materials?

Mostly use my sds for removing plaster off walls and core drilling for waste pipes , specialize in bathroom refits so most rooms get stripped back. herd of people core drilling holes with the 36v but find that very hard to believe..

Red sex!

that was the nickname given to my mates 36v Hilti sds.

that cored a 5 inch hole on more then one occasion. and still had enough juice to spend the rest of the day hanging rads and boilers plus two more inch and a half holes.

biggest I've dated with my 18v is 4" and that was through a soft wall I've done plenty of 2" cores with it though

i did 2 x 5" holes 3 weeks ago with my bosch 36v sds compact. Im not recommending it tho :)

the core bit was heavier than the drill LOL

Probably best to go mains...3 function, 4kg class, 800w+, 3-4J and SDS plus so you can chip and small core all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dewalt 36 volt sds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all i need some help and advice i am tiling around 2 shower pipe fittings. as the measurements were intricate i was practicing on off cuts and trying to create a template. I've noticed when i drill holes into the tiles sometimes they would crack. i don't use any pressure or drill too fast...
Replies
Views
I had my tools all knicked out the van last week so been replacing everything, got all my tools but can't decide on a SDS. I use all Milwaukee tools and previously always done corded SDS drills. Have heard cordless has come along way so was looking at the M18CHX Fuel. It did come out all the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I’m looking at buying a Milwaukee sds which will be for general use such as drilling a variety of size holes and also for some core drilling from time to time in thermalite and also solid brick. I would like the drill only mode on the...
Replies
Views
Hi I am not sure whether I have posted correctly earlier today, if so please forgive me as I am trying again just in case. I have a sink that has the basin plus another smaller basin next to it, think it is a 1/4 of the size of the main basin. The unit comes up through one hole, has 2 taps...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock