Search the forum,

Discuss Deemed Heat Calculation and MCS/RHI for Solar Thermal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LeakyNick

Hi

Anyone out there understand how the heat calculations for the 18p/kWh works for 'deemed' heat input for Solar Thermal and the Renewable Heat Incentive? Does it only require the SAP 2009 calculation Appendix H which looks compare the solar tube efficiency against the dedicated amount of water to be heated by the cylinder? Or is another method used, say a full building load assessment and an estimate of water heating requirement?

Thanks

Leaky

Right thanks. I'm curious because it seems to me that solar-thermal is independent of the heat-load of the house. Also, if you use the Appendix H SAP calculation, they don't seem to give a good value for calculated kWh from the panels where I know from experience, my panels are giving way in excess of what it calculated and if the under-valued figure is used, I'm not sure the RHI is actually worth it!!!!

Right...and they seem to be playing their cards close to their chest then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Deemed Heat Calculation and MCS/RHI for Solar Thermal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock