Search the forum,

Discuss Decent U Gauge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve @ TheHeatingHub

Hello fellas, I'm looking for a new U Gauge but not sure which one to get.

I was gonna go for

Rothenberger U Gauge Manometer 300mm + 2M Hose + Fluid

but was wondering if I should splash out a bit extra and go for either

Rothenberger Stand Up U Gauge Manometer

or

Rothenberger PVC Flexible U-Gauge Manometer 12in / 300mm

Or any U Gauge that u guys would recommend

I hope I am allowed to post links to different sites(cannot find the forum rules) if not please delete.

And accept my apoloigies

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens if you have a propane job to do, how will you test that with a 30mbar test gauge, when the running pressure is 37mbar

Personally I liked the test set that the Qualigaz inspector had, a little battery powered job with a dial gauge, and telltale, if only I could have "nicked" it:D

When in the UK I used to have a 36" slack gauge manometer so that I could test both propane and natural gas jobs

Before that I used to use the Bryant and May mark on test, old NTGB joke

regin all the way but fluid is a bit pricey at about 8 pounds a spit

yeah was looking at the glass ones but seem a bit expensive for what I use it for. Think I'll get the Regin Contract one over the rothernburg one.

Thanks for the advice.

dont get the soft plastic one they discolour and are a pig to get stood up best is the solid glass ones thibk its probably the regin one everyone else has mention
why dont they do one with a buit in light ? but then im blesed with failing sighgt so maybe biased

Yep have a digital, find is useful for doing burner pressure etc. However when it comes to doing a tightness test on a low pressure meter I still find you can't beat a U Guage

i bought a cheapy electronic one from plumb centre 90quid. its used for everything, let by, soundness, burner pressures.
wouldnt now go back to u-tube

shaun

like most things electronic the buggers can go wrong the instructor on my course was using one for tightness test showed 20mb great then pulled it off the meter and little bugger was still showing 20mb it had froze
could of been a nasty leak and still showing tight

I ended up going with the cheap plastic one :( I know they discolour but nothing a bit of bleach dont sort out.

Really did want to get myself a decent gauge as I do get feed up with having to wrap them around the regulator on the meter but spending 50quid + is a bit much since I only use it for tightness testing and working pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Decent U Gauge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock