Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Danteat leak detection in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. 64degrees

64degrees GSR

Hi all,
    Got a customer who’s insurer is insisting they install a leak detection system due to a previous claim. Wondered if a) anyone’s aware of what’s involved (mains only or every outlet)
    b) if they have to use danteat
    c) could I meet the requirements rather than get them in
    The insurers have offered to cover some of the cost of installation, just seems like a bit of a sales pitch.
    Any thoughts?

2. snowhead

snowhead Plumber

3. 64degrees

64degrees GSR

4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

5. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

• Like Like x 1
  6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Just a thought. You could ask the insurance if it would be acceptable?

• Like Like x 1
  7. 64degrees

64degrees GSR

Thanks for this - have had a noodle on the Internet and there seems to be a few different options, some promoted by insurance companies. Can’t see why they’d need multiple detectors at various outlets, would have thought a single shut off on the main incoming would suffice. Seems like up selling to me. They haven’t booked the survey yet, I’ll post the outcome for reference, doesn’t seem like many people have come across this before.