Search the forum,

Discuss Danfoss zone valve noisy in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Combi boiler with two zones. Two port for upstairs and another for down.
Zone valve is making a strange noise when heating is turned on or off at the stat (cogs grinding?) Also the rads downstairs (same noisy valve) often don’t come on.
Install is less than two years old.
Anyone else had issues with the Danfoss valve?
Could the problems be overcome by just changing the head?
System probably wasn’t flushed or cleaned when installed.

bypass valve installed and yes a head change should sort the issue unless the valve body is stiff when you try and do it manually

bypass valve installed and yes a head change should sort the issue unless the valve body is stiff when you try and do it manually
Metal lever seems ok. Valve noisy when first operated but heating intermittent on that zone. New Worcester Erp combi has internal bypass.
Only 18 months old though.

Metal lever seems ok. Valve noisy when first operated but heating intermittent on that zone. New Worcester Erp combi has internal bypass.
Only 18 months old though.

Check the MIs, you may find this warning buried in there somewhere:

"The appliance is equipped with an internal by-pass. The internal bypass is not intended to be a substitute for an external system bypass. An external automatic bypass should be used if the system flow can be significantly adjusted or stopped by zone valves and thermostatic radiator valves (TRV)."

I'm not sure whether this is on all models but I think it's likely.

Check the MIs you are may find this warning buried in there somewhere:

"The appliance is equipped with an internal by-pass. The internal bypass is not intended to be a substitute for an external system bypass. An external automatic bypass should be used if the system flow can be significantly adjusted or stopped by zone valves and thermostatic radiator valves (TRV)."

I'm not sure whether this is on all models but I think it's likely.
Yeah, I have came across that in past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Danfoss zone valve noisy in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock