Search the forum,

Discuss Danesmoor 15/19 oil boiler replacement, back boiler and solar collector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

At some point in the near future will replace our trusty old Oil fired Danesmoor, hopefully a new boiler will fit better in the kitchen units and lose the vertical flue. A plumber has suggested he fit a Firebird with a 10 year warranty, thoughts ?

Also wondered if that would be a good time to hook in a wood burner back boiler and possibly solar water heater. What other plumbing 'gadgets' would I need to make all that work please? A mate of mine has an old big box in his cupboard that joins it all together.

As Simon says an external boiler is a great option if you’re looking to clear up space. I have installed quite a few Firebirds when I used to install and always liked them, others opinion will vary. If you want solar thermal, stove and oil then again I agree with Si, thermal store is what I’d suggest. This is going to be quite a costly installation though so get a few references and quotes from notable installers, if done properly by a good engineer this will future proof your house for many years to come.

Reply to Danesmoor 15/19 oil boiler replacement, back boiler and solar collector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock